Lowest average ever seen to bowl over 200+(almost double avg

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Lowest average ever seen to bowl over 200+(almost double avg

Post by krava »

I am still trying to recover from this shoulder thing and then got an email of the results from last night. I went in to look to see how the team did and then found out that we bowled the dead last place team.

The person on their side has a 107 average and bowled 128 145 210 for a 483 and that means 786 handicap almost taking me out of high handicap series. I have never seen in my life a true 107 average bowler shoot 200. (I am not sure the lowest average I have seen that hit 200 though) 107 average means you might get 1 or 2 spares a game. to get 210 you need at least a turkey and have high counts on each frame and not miss a spare (unless more strikes)

My replacement bowled a lot better then I could have. he has 169 average and shot 175 191 218. I might get him to replace me again a week after thanksgiving if I need it. I saw him bowl that and I was like, that was good, then I looked at the other team and found out we lost them all but 1 game.

Anyone have any stories from stuff like that?

The proof is here: https://www.leaguesecretary.com/bowling ... l/11/59829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GrumpyCatFace
Preferred Company: Pyramid

Re: Lowest average ever seen to bowl over 200+(almost double

Post by GrumpyCatFace »

I’ve done it myself. At 107, you’re probably looking at a very new league bowler, still figuring out his swing. Once he finds it, his average will rise quickly to match.

Just part of learning the game, I guess. I hit 13 strikes in a row during practice, as a 120 average. All depends on when the conditions randomly match up to his game.
boomer
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Post by boomer »

I've also seen a VERY old person do the same - at California Women's State . . . years ago when I ran brackets. Her friends entered her in a TON of brackets kind of as a lark since it was the same weekend that the pro ladies were there. They didn't expect her to do very well.

But evidently the stars aligned. After about an extra hour (they were very nice - she was like 88) she shot WAY over her average and took the pros for everything they had! It was AWESOME, and the pros were all cheering her as well.

It happens.

Now. . . if that person does it on demand? If they show unexpected control only when needed?
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

One of my favorite examples is the performance of Al Weis, utility infielder of the N.Y. Mets in the 1969 World Series. Consider that hitting a baseball is not by any means easy, let alone in a World Series.
Al batted .215 for the season, .455 in the series to lead all hitters.
I hope you will watch, listen, and enjoy, this classic case almost too good to believe sports lore.

[youtube][/youtube]

A Yale professor who was a friend of the MLB commissioner wrote a book on the physics of baseball. The commissioner had asked him what could be done to increase scoring.
I read it years ago, interesting if you are curious about what makes things work ...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Dax
THS Average: 230

Post by Dax »

Krava - FYI

Lowest average with a 300 game

Men: Roger Evans, Champaign, Ill. — 127 avg., 1991

Women: Diane Ponza, Santa Cruz, Calif. — 112 avg., 1977-78 season
"You see only what you look for; you recognize only what you know"

There are many worlds out there. Some of them can be accessed through reading. Encourage reading - T.A. Sankar

http://www.tasankar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VLe
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 55
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by VLe »

Krava - another FYI

My highlight moment from a competition few years ago:

Bowling is a game with so many variables that you simply can't expect everything to go on predicted path. I averaged about 170-180 back the day on sport pattern with six games.

BTW. Frames 4 and 5 had pin no.1 standing. Otherwise those would have been holes too. :lol:
Right Handed
PAP 4 3/8" x 0"
60* rotation
17.5* tilt
320-360 rev rate
17mph off hand
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

how did you get so many splits? you had to be missing right alot to be leaving the 1 with that mess.
VLe
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 55
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by VLe »

krava wrote:how did you get so many splits? you had to be missing right alot to be leaving the 1 with that mess.
There is no simple answer to that. Combine the worst luck with mental frustration after couple splits on the first frames. I remember that I moved around 15 boards area (on feet) trying to chase the carrydown, but felt like nothing helped. I also changed the ball at some point. The throws were not that bad.

I think I started to leave the 1-pin when I was moving more deep (E.G. left 2 at feet - 1 at arrow, RH) and the ball did not recover. Then I made a total change and started to play straighter. Again, this was in sport condition. I still hold the local record for most splits on one game. :lol:
Right Handed
PAP 4 3/8" x 0"
60* rotation
17.5* tilt
320-360 rev rate
17mph off hand