2 Leagues, same center, same night?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

markkuhn

2 Leagues, same center, same night?

Post by markkuhn »

Folks, my Thursday night league was cancelled because of snow two weeks ago.
And by majority vote, it was decided to be made up on Sunday, the 9th at 6PM.
The trick is that I already bowl in a Sunday league at 5:30 PM.
So it looks like I'll be jumping across 2 leagues that night.
Has anyone ever done this? Any tips?
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: 2 Leagues, same center, same night?

Post by TonyPR »

Yes either A) Drink beer in only one of the leagues B) Drink half of what you normally drink on each league C) Use an Uber or have a designated driver
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
imagonman
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Post by imagonman »

I wouldn't try bowling in both on the same nite/time frame. I'd see if you can pre-bowl for the make-up league. Unless you actually like running around like a madman...LOL!
Pinbuster

Post by Pinbuster »

I wouldn't try it myself.

I have seen a guy try it a couple of times. It turns into a mess.

Several times during the night it was their turn in both leagues at the same time, other bowlers aren't happy when you are a couple minutes late for your turn.

They ended up wanting to use the same balls on both pairs and were constantly lugging equipment back and forth.

Mark's suggestion of pre-bowling one league is a good one.
georgeh

Post by georgeh »

markkuhn wrote:Folks, my Thursday night league was cancelled because of snow two weeks ago.
And by majority vote, it was decided to be made up on Sunday, the 9th at 6PM.
The trick is that I already bowl in a Sunday league at 5:30 PM.
So it looks like I'll be jumping across 2 leagues that night.
Has anyone ever done this? Any tips?
Trust me, it's a blast.

Years ago (22), my Monday night league had two make-ups, due to the Christmas/New Year off weeks. The Monday league chose 2 Sunday mornings in January @11:00am. I bowled Sunday mornings as a fourth on a trios league, filling in for two of the bowlers that worked the same place, and one of them HAD to cover Sunday, two of four weekends.

Two balls and some 'hanging in the middle' of the lanes I was bowling on, and some minor timely delays by my Monday night teammates, kept the complaints to a minimum. Minimum doesn't mean there were none. The opposing team tried their best to make it appear I was delaying the game. Since as luck would have it, both the league secretaries were bowling on adjacent pairs so when I started games two and three, simultaneously with the first 9, they were most amused at the bitching of my Monday's opposing team. The Sunday league were the most cool to the stunt and the Monday Guy's tried to protest, to no avail.

If my memory is correct, first time I shot 740 and 1020 somethings at the same time. Second time I was on the sidelines for Sunday.
markkuhn

Post by markkuhn »

Mission accomplished! 2 leagues tonight, 5:30 start on one, 6 PM on the other. Back and forth, everything went smoothly. Rolled a 592 and a 576. It was a lot of fun, but at age 60, I really started to feel it near the end.