help analyzing PBA form video Anthony Pepe

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

help analyzing PBA form video Anthony Pepe

Post by krava »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; start 1:14 end 1:16

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; go to 51 sec

Maybe I am missing something here. I don't see the spine tilt. The right side bowlers eye isn't in the middle of the ball. (he is left handed). The ball is on his left side at the top of the backswing not completely behind his head or his his head on the inside of the ball. He looks like he is standing almost straight up in that. The ball goes from the left side of his head straight down and almost his his left foot and he is very close to it. I don't think you could get closer at all.

I think that is contributed to the swing. He has like a perfect swing. The reason that the ball doesn't get closer to someone's ankle is because their swing is off. (I have looked at some of my videos and see that I am swinging in different directions. Even practicing with no ball I tend to pull my elbow too far inside and that is overexgurating the motion.

I believe that if you do spinal tilt, then you ball is suppose to be between your foot and your head and he doesn't do that at the end. So the key to getting this ball to the foot is a complete loose straight swing. I am going to buy this bowling buddy XL swing thing and do alteast an hour a day for a few weeks with it and see what happens then.

Someone tell me if the analysis of the video I am seeing is correct. I am not saying don't do spinal tilt but that isn't the key factor in how he did that.
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: help analyzing PBA form video Anthony Pepe

Post by 44boyd »

You already have a coaches advice to fix your game, do what they say and work on your lower half first.
Stacy
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

what do you mean by lower half? is that footwork? Getting right foot more out to the left? I started going back to the gym 3 days ago. Every day so far 1 hour elipical on the highest setting I can take and still finish the hour. (stuck at 3-4). As I am typing this, I am going to the gym to work on the shoulder and then another 1 hour eliptical which I don't feel like doing. Lower body half will be extremely strong in about a month or two.

I am going to see if I can get jim's video on sunday. I had to bowl on thursday because if I didn't they had to forfeit. By taking your advice about late timing I didn't feel any shoulder pain at all 44boyd. I used the time to practice doing things that I shouldn't been practicing on (which was trying to get my hand in that certain potion at the bottom of the swing like the foul line drill). Looking back on these videos I did, every arm swing I did was to one side or another or looped a little. Now gym time.
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Post by 44boyd »

I would post all your questions and ideas in one topic ala “help Nord score on house shot” so you have a record of what good advice and coaching you’ve already been given. Glad you’re feeling better, don’t overdo it.
Stacy
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

44boyd wrote:I would post all your questions and ideas in one topic ala “help Nord score on house shot” so you have a record of what good advice and coaching you’ve already been given. Glad you’re feeling better, don’t overdo it.
Good advice submitted in friendship and sportsmanship.

Kudos to you Stacy!
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Copied krava's YouTube's added YouTube delimeters

Not submitted to address questions and speculation by krava, at this juncture.

[youtube][/youtube]

"start 1:14 end 1:16 krava"

[youtube][/youtube]

" go to 51 sec krava"

Quick comment about camera angle.
Mark Baker takes video from behind the bowler's shoulder. The tv camera angle is not necessarily for coaches analysis, their angle for introduces what I believe can be called an error of parallax.

Submitted for comparison and contrast.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... e_Coaching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As Stacy commented, follow Jim's advice, it is CUSTOMIZED for your specific needs.

John
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

There arent too many people, let alone bowlers, as flexible as Anthony Pepe.
Try NOT tearing your biceps muscle swinging the ball that high without spine tilt.
I dare you.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

MegaMav wrote:There arent too many people, let alone bowlers, as flexible as Anthony Pepe.
Try NOT tearing your biceps muscle swinging the ball that high without spine tilt.
I dare you.
As me for trying that swing, I'd start with no ball, then ping pong ball, might get to tennis ball :lol:

Excellent point about physiology. That's one of the points Juha made in an ETBF presentation. He also made a remark about how many folks try to copy Fagan.
Success tends ton breed emulation.

[youtube][/youtube]

Robert Lawrence as a right hander had a pretty high swing.
He switched to Left handed after a torn rotator cuff.
Rick Steelsmith had a career changing shoulder injury.
All reasons why a fitness and flexibility regimen are important.

Different people get it done within their physiology. Many times I will advise people to study elite bowlers with similar body structure, size musculature, for example.
Not infallible but a reference to see how they get the job done.

I can see why or think I do, why Jim has used Doug Kent in some of his wiki articles.

John