Danger/Problems at the lanes people out of control

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Danger/Problems at the lanes people out of control

Post by krava »

anyone seen this thing?
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 14075.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

title of it is "Bowling alley worker asked a large group to calm down. They mobbed him, video shows"

seems that it made national news. that one one reason I hate going to practice. People getting out of control there. I can't even watch the video as the internet is so bad in this hotel.

I usually have to deal with some form of this every time I go. Usually it is a group of people screaming as loud as they can for some reason.

not sure how to delete post, seems this isn't much of a thing. I just yahoo.com "shot at the bowling alley" and there is tons of stuff. This artical above was on the front page of msn so i thought it was something.
mrbean
THS Average: 150
Speed: 12-14 mph camera
Heavy Oil Ball: kingpin, awesome finish, grind, crank, super carbide bomb,
Medium Oil Ball: soniq, grind/r, primal rage remix
Light Oil Ball: anything that works
Preferred Company: lane #1

Re: Danger/Problems at the lanes people out of control

Post by mrbean »

the only real problem i have like this is parents not controlling their kids. one time some random kid from 3 lanes down came over and tried to take my ball. and this wasn't an older kid he must of been like 4 years old
If I had 6 hours to chop down a tree I would spend the first 4 sharpening the axe.

-Honest Abe
rrb6699
THS Average: 235
Sport Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 4 ovr, 1 up
Speed: 12-18.5 mph at pin deck
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: 15#-Incognito, Obsession Sld, Altered Reality, Astrophyx Prl
Medium Oil Ball: 16# Quantum Violet, Honey Badger Rev, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: 15#: StarTrak Ureth -Sky Blue
Preferred Company: Radical, Storm/Roto, Brunswk

Re: Danger/Problems at the lanes people out of control

Post by rrb6699 »

I was going up on several occasions and kicked others who run up on my back side trying to bowl on their lane. a lot of this is the desk person using common sense and I tell them about it every time they could put more serious bowlers with kids or parties near each other.

one time I was in mid swing when a little kid fell on the lane in front of me. I told the mom I could have killed her kid by accident and to keep a better eye on them. 0

I thought I was being nice about it then she calls her husband he comes up to the Lanes acting like he wants to fight. Well I'm not one to back down from a fight so I told him he better sit his ass down and listen to what I got to say first.

I had him yelling at her when it was done. then told the manager to train desk personnel how to group bowlers in open play because kids could get hurt and fights could occur.

I still had a good practice session despite all this but, better bowlers should not have to deal with this issue.

then there's the families with little kids usin Ramps where the entire clan gathers up on the foul line and into your approach to video the kid bowling every time it's his turn. talk about slowing down play!

I finally just say pardon me after a couple time of this & say I need more room! then will give the desk person an ear full if they don't have a clue.

if it's crowded I understand but sometimes the load everyone on top of one another with plenty of lanes.