Lane Masters and Lord Field

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

edpup316
Preferred Company: Motiv

Lane Masters and Lord Field

Post by edpup316 »

I recently started throwing Lane Masters and Lord Field equipment. Two companies which I thought had gone under but to my surprise they had not! I remembered throwing the Lane Masters Black Pearl when I was a Junior and really liking it. Tossed a couple 300's with it. Fast forward 12 years and they are still around. So far I've thrown the Big Kahuna Tribal and Congo, Pandemic Zombie and Buzz Attack Stinger. I've thrown a few others but these are by far some of my favorites so far. I've noticed since I have started throwing their stuff that there are some pretty strong opinions about the balls being terrible which I just don't understand.

Whats your opinion of the there equipment? Have you thrown any of there stuff recently? Likes? Dislikes?
MeNoRevs
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 120
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/4 x 1 ^
Preferred Company: I prefer them all

Re: Lane Masters and Lord Field

Post by MeNoRevs »

edpup316 wrote:I recently started throwing Lane Masters and Lord Field equipment. Two companies which I thought had gone under but to my surprise they had not! I remembered throwing the Lane Masters Black Pearl when I was a Junior and really liking it. Tossed a couple 300's with it. Fast forward 12 years and they are still around. So far I've thrown the Big Kahuna Tribal and Congo, Pandemic Zombie and Buzz Attack Stinger. I've thrown a few others but these are by far some of my favorites so far. I've noticed since I have started throwing their stuff that there are some pretty strong opinions about the balls being terrible which I just don't understand.

Whats your opinion of the there equipment? Have you thrown any of there stuff recently? Likes? Dislikes?
Are you a "staffer"?
edpup316

Post by edpup316 »

MeNoRevs wrote:
Are you a "staffer"?
I am indeed a staffer. Or "staffer" I suppose.
edpup316

Post by edpup316 »

MeNoRevs wrote:
Are you a "staffer"?
Not sure what that has to do with me trying to figure out what peoples issues are with the company.
Arkansas
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 Left x 3/4 Up
Speed: 18.5 off Hand
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Guru Mighty
Medium Oil Ball: Guru
Light Oil Ball: Torrid Affair
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by Arkansas »

edpup316 wrote: Not sure what that has to do with me trying to figure out what peoples issues are with the company.
The main problem I see is they're hard to find and too expensive. There's not many people in my area that throws them, and as a PSO it's too difficult and expensive to order the equipment and get it shipped. It's also more lucrative to stock competitors ball from a markup standpoint. You get discounts and kickbacks. Plus, when's the last time you've seen a LM/LF on tv? And no distributor I use carries them. And most bowlers don't know who they are.

There's already too many balls that get released each year from Brunswick, EBI, Storm, and Motiv. What are they bringing to the table that's different?
James Talley