Board index » General Forums » General Bowling

Post subject: question of the day......
 Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:17 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
now that i have the knee bend question out of the way ( and they all helped answer the question)....playing the inside line when the lanes get burned out, is my question of the day. normally, i like to play down and in the 10 board and sometimes outside of that @ 5-6 but when the lanes get burned, i always try to go where nobody is bowling and that is @ 25-30 boards (right handed) and standing around 30-35 with my feet. it just doesn't seem that i can get the ball to make the break back into the pocket. i am up the back of the ball bowler and get lots of rotation when i'm bowling down and in but when i move left, it's seems as though my rotation just stops ( even changing to a polished ball). should i change my release to come around the ball more when i move left or stay up the back and get the ball out further onto the lane? are there any videos out there that might guide me through this transition?

Post subject: Re: question of the day......
 Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:04 pm Post Number: #2 Post
Certified Coach

As a down and in player, you need to get it out of your head that you need to "throw it out and get it back." You don't! Regardless of how much you hook the ball, there is always friction past the pattern. Use it. Move your breakpoint at the tracers in to 12 or 13 instead of trying to get it back from 8. I think you'll be very happy with the results.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:53 pm Post Number: #3 Post

thanks rob and that's exactly what i have to get out of my thought process. i noticed that the balls that i thought where too straight (with little hook) were the ones that struck solid and they also had good rotation into the strike zone.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:56 am Post Number: #4 Post

turbotwister wrote:
now that i have the knee bend question out of the way ( and they all helped answer the question)....playing the inside line when the lanes get burned out, is my question of the day. normally, i like to play down and in the 10 board and sometimes outside of that @ 5-6 but when the lanes get burned, i always try to go where nobody is bowling and that is @ 25-30 boards (right handed) and standing around 30-35 with my feet. it just doesn't seem that i can get the ball to make the break back into the pocket. i am up the back of the ball bowler and get lots of rotation when i'm bowling down and in but when i move left, it's seems as though my rotation just stops ( even changing to a polished ball). should i change my release to come around the ball more when i move left or stay up the back and get the ball out further onto the lane? are there any videos out there that might guide me through this transition?

Take your hand out of the ball and let the ball do the work.

Board index » General Forums » General Bowling