Lowest scoring clean game/series

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Lowest scoring clean game/series

Post by krava »

short version:

What is the lowest clean game that you bowled the best you could bowl and what did you score? I ended up with a 199 with a turkey in the game.

What is the lowest clean series that you bowled and what was it (or if you were close what would it have been?) I got to the last 2 frames and messed up and ended up with 589 I think. It would been 620 max.

https://www.syncpassport.com/MyScores/S ... 587850ef8a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that is the score card and I said I would do about 100 under my average and got close. haven't shot lower then 600 in over 6 months in that league.

Longer version:
I haven't been bowling in 3 weeks dealing with the house issue etc and with 4th of july break. Didn't think I would do well at all. I also am very sore from not working out and having to carry around a big vacuum cleaner with a 2 foot hose on it through an entire 4 bed room house trying to get rid of fleas doing baseboards etc. My left hip and left side was hurting bad etc. I messed up and tried to burn a miss area place to the right for me at the start. That ended up making my ball hook really bad later on in the game.

1st game couldn't get a break but did very good spare shooting. I left a 1 2 4 10 somewhere in the middle of the game and picked it up with a straight ball. Then 2 frames later left a 6-7-10 and picked it up. 2nd game had to move zones, 2 boards at the arrows 1 at the breakpoint and kept leaving 10 pins alot. 3rd game got down to the last 2 frames and told myself I could do this and get a clean series (which no idea when the last one was). Ball hooked too much and left a greek church. Shot the ball and picked up the 6-7-10 and left the other 2. Then missed the first 10 pin of the night.

I think when you have a sore hip it is hard to throw the ball out, twist your body etc. Most of the spares where straight shots and I had that down. I might need to turn down revs though. 1 time, I tried slowing the ball down just a tad after leaving a 10 pin and the ball ended up brooklyn. Everyone there thought it was a good shot and was like "what the hell" as it grabbed the lane and went way left. Ball speed was probably dropped 1 to 1.5 mph on that shot.
Pinbuster

Re: Lowest scoring clean game/series

Post by Pinbuster »

I have no idea for sure on a game. Bowling in the hard rubber ball era I'm sure I had multiple games where I shot in the 170's with a clean game.

For series the one that stands out was at Nationals about 10 years ago. I had 30 clean and shot 594.

There may have been lower sets shot but it really isn't something I have kept track of.
seventen7ten
THS Average: 206
Positive Axis Point: 3.5" Right 1" Up
Axis Tilt: 36
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Alpha Crux
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Light Oil Ball: Motiv Tribal & Brunswick Axis
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by seventen7ten »

Fascinating.

FYI: The lowest possible "clean game" would be 100.

The USBC might be consider adding a category for this special feat. I'd suggest calling it "Best Fail." ;)
GrumpyCatFace
Preferred Company: Pyramid

Post by GrumpyCatFace »

No dude. To have a clean game, you’d have to at least go 1/ for 10 frames, then strike the final shot.

That’s 119, unless I’m mistaken.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

Spare, gutter; spare, gutter; etc to 10th frame, then either spare, gutter or spare strike depending on how you define a clean game. For me if you mark in the 10th it's clean even if you gutter on the count ball. -- JohnP
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

GrumpyCatFace wrote:No dude. To have a clean game, you’d have to at least go 1/ for 10 frames, then strike the final shot.

That’s 119, unless I’m mistaken.
It doesn't have to be 1/ it can be gutter ball spare (-/)

So if you go:
-/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/- (100) is the lowest clean game you could get.

If you strike or spare on your first ball of the tenth, it's a clean game the fill ball doesn't count using the classic definition of a clean game.

A USBC response to the question about what a clean game is:
You only have to get one spare or strike in the 10th frame to keep the game clean.
The "Bowler's Guide" defines a Clean Game as follows: A game with spares or strikes in every frame.

Sincerely,
John Budnik,
Rules Counselor
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
GrumpyCatFace
Preferred Company: Pyramid

Post by GrumpyCatFace »

bowl1820 wrote: It doesn't have to be 1/ it can be gutter ball spare (-/)

So if you go:
-/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/- (100) is the lowest clean game you could get.

If you strike or spare on your first ball of the tenth, it's a clean game the fill ball doesn't count using the classic definition of a clean game.

A USBC response to the question about what a clean game is:
You only have to get one spare or strike in the 10th frame to keep the game clean.
The "Bowler's Guide" defines a Clean Game as follows: A game with spares or strikes in every frame.

Sincerely,
John Budnik,
Rules Counselor
Not sure what I was thinking, you’re right.

I’m surprised to hear about the fill ball definition though.