State Championships league payouts

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jbrie16
Preferred Company: Storm

State Championships league payouts

Post by Jbrie16 »

So I’m not sure if this is a dumb question or not but every time I ask someone in leagues I feel like they belittle me or are annoyed.

I joined my first big league ever in the summer season. My team placed second the first third and first the second 3rd and are apparently going to state championships. I’m kind of clueless how that works so if anyone would like to explain what happens there/ how much that will cost me I’d greatly appreciate it.

That brings me to my next question. How does the prize payout work in most leagues? Do you get paid for each position you place in each third or is it how you place overall?

I’d ask my teammates but honestly they don’t know. One thinks he does but everything he’s said has been wrong so far.

Also- tiny brag, I bowled a 285 the other night which was super exciting considering my average is a 157
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: State Championships league payouts

Post by bowl1820 »

Jbrie16 wrote:So I’m not sure if this is a dumb question or not but every time I ask someone in leagues I feel like they belittle me or are annoyed.
They probably don't know themselves and don't what to show it.
I joined my first big league ever in the summer season. My team placed second the first third and first the second 3rd and are apparently going to state championships. I’m kind of clueless how that works so if anyone would like to explain what happens there/ how much that will cost me I’d greatly appreciate it.

As for how much it cost to go to states, that depends on where your at and if you have to stay over night etc. Just google "your state" state bowling tournament and you should find the rules and cost.

here states is $25 per event and $5 for all events, So $80 total entry fee per person if you get in all (scratch event is optional)

In state tournament you bowl Teams, Doubles and Singles assuming your entered in all. You bowl 3 games for each event, the highest scores cash. How far down they pay depend on how many entries they have That's about it.
That brings me to my next question. How does the prize payout work in most leagues? Do you get paid for each position you place in each third or is it how you place overall?
There's no one answer to that, every league has it's own prize structure. Which is voted on at the league organizational meeting. Some leagues have place payouts for each half, quarter, third etc some just payout for place for the entire season. You'd have to look at your leagues prizelist to know what they do.

I’d ask my teammates but honestly they don’t know. One thinks he does but everything he’s said has been wrong so far.
That's a typical response, a lot of players have no idea what the rules are or how the prizelist is set up.
Also- tiny brag, I bowled a 285 the other night which was super exciting considering my average is a 157
Good shooting.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
seventen7ten
THS Average: 206
Positive Axis Point: 3.5" Right 1" Up
Axis Tilt: 36
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Alpha Crux
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Light Oil Ball: Motiv Tribal & Brunswick Axis
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: State Championships league payouts

Post by seventen7ten »

Most leagues should have an organizational meeting before the season starts where bowlers can express ideas for rules, prize lists, etc. It can be intimidating to ask questions, but if you have a good and knowledgeable group of league officers, they should be able to answer any questions that members have without making anyone feel uncomfortable.

Your league should also have a set of rules that have been approved by the league's Board of Directors (team captains and officers), which should be given to all team captains. The rules should state how your league's prize list will be created and when it should be approved. Some leagues appoint a Prize List Committee to present more than one list for a vote. If you are in a USBC sanctioned league, you may also wish to check out the Playing Rules on their website (bowl.com).

If your captain does not have a copy of the rules, ask the league secretary for one. The secretary should also be able to provide you with a copy of the approved Prize List.

Your recent 285 game is spectacular! That is 128 pins over average . . . a rare accomplishment. Congrats!