Ebonite tape vs Powerhouse

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

ads
THS Average: 205
Positive Axis Point: 5 5/8 up 3/4
Speed: 14 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 60

Ebonite tape vs Powerhouse

Post by ads »

Are there any differences between these 2 tapes, except the price?

http://www.bowlerx.com/Ebonite-Ultra-Gr ... AGB500.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bowlerx.com/Powerhouse-Premi ... 500BLK.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adrian
Right handed
PAP: 5 1/8 up 3/4
Speed: 15.5 mph (Kegel Specto)
Rev: 350 RPM
Axis tilt: 18-20*
Axis rotation: 60*
Bruhls
Heavy Oil Ball: Dv8 Pitbull Growl / Roto Grip Mutant Cell
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Hy-Road
Light Oil Ball: Motiv Tag Cannon / RotoGrip Hustle Ink
Preferred Company: Roto Grip

Re: Ebonite tape vs Powerhouse

Post by Bruhls »

I've been using powerhouse tapes exclusively.
The adhesive is very good, easy to remove without leaving any residues.

I once tried a cheaper tape (can't remember the brand, but it wasn't labeled as premium)
It left a sticky residue when removing. Haven't noticed a difference on the upper side though.

So if you add and remove tapes a lot, it's probably wise to shell out the extra bucks, if you leave your tapes in or don't mind cleaning off the residue with alcohol you can go for the cheaper one.
But maybe the ebonite tapes aren't like that, so maybe wait for someone who has experience with ebonite tape specifically.
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Ebonite tape vs Powerhouse

Post by bowl1820 »

I haven't used black tape in a long time.

But Ebonite Ultra-Grip tape is supposed to be "Double Thick" compared to others and bit stiffer and slicker. from what I remember that seems about right it was pretty stiff so I figure it was thicker.

I never had the premium black tape though, That came out after I stopped using black tape.

Now if it was white tape, between Ebonite Ultra-Grip tape and Powerhouse Premium tape. I've tried both and P.H. was way better, it had a better texture and was slightly thicker and I could work with better imo.

and just to throw it in, the silver Real Bowlers Tape is thin (it kind of curls so can be hard to work with) with a real fine smooth texture.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."