Is M. Fagan still bowling?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bowlmole

Is M. Fagan still bowling?

Post by Bowlmole »

Greetings,

Does someone have news on Mike Fagan? I did not see his great swing for a very long time on TV or YT. I googled but did not find any useful, recent information. I am not on FB, in case he is informing the world there.

Thanks,
Bowlmole
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Is M. Fagan still bowling?

Post by TonyPR »

I believe he put pro bowling on pause to finish school, I think it was business school, someone correct me if I am wrong. I hope he decides to come back at some point cause he was very entertaining to watch, smooth style with an effortless but powerful release and a unique ball roll.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
Bowlmole

Post by Bowlmole »

Thanks!
This is a good reason to pause (compared to e.g. injury). Hope he will be willing and able to reconnect to professional levels.

Bowlmole
P.S. Are you sleepless in Seattle? :D
RobMautner
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Preferred Company: No Preference

Post by RobMautner »

Mike is alive and well. He recently moved to Vegas, where he has been bowling some local tournaments (the locals are already trying to get him banned because he's too good, LOL). He recently came out and helped with coaching the Junior Gold bowlers on a Saturday morning. I've arrange to interview him in the near future, so I'll be able to find out more about his future then.
Bowlmole

Post by Bowlmole »

Thanks. More good news on Mike F.
Look forward to the interview.

Best,
Bowlmole
charlest

Post by charlest »

I would assume logic has dictated his choice of careers: a degree in business, which I think is what he was pursuing, can probably garner him a salary about 10X his possible earnings from bowling. While he no doubt loves bowling and will continue to bowl, I wonder how much effort he will put into a future of trying to make a living via professional bowling.

All that side, I did also love to watch his style and technique - so much power and so smooth at the same time. He had become so much more versatile over the years, compared to when he first started. He was/is a joy to watch.
Right handed
Speed: 13.5 -14.5 at pin deck
Rev Rate: 275 - 350
Axis rotation: 45*
Axis tilt: 17*
PAP: 5" x 0"
SomyP
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by SomyP »

While he has 5 titles he is hall of fame eligible because 2 of his titles are majors. Had he committed to bowling a few more years as opposed to school who knows how many titles he would have? But it was his decision to get his education so good on him for that. But like everyone says he is a joy to watch with how effortless his swing and power is. The only two that come close swing or release wise are Wes Malott and Dom Barrett.
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Post by J_w73 »

He recently bowled the West Coast Challenge in Vacaville, Ca. He made the top 5 stepladder after 7 games of qualifying and 8 games of match play. He tried to win the $10,000 guaranteed first prize, but came up a bit short.

Some video and recap of the tournament linked below.

http://www.westcoastchallenge2017.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/westcoastchallenge2017/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
Bahshay

Post by Bahshay »

He just finished top 8 at the Bradley Open too.

PBA or not, it sure looks like he's back to bowling the high profile, high dollar amateur tournaments.
PAP- 4 1/8 over, 3/4 up
Speed - 17-18 monitor
Rev Rate - 475
Rotation - 65
Tilt - 12