return of urethane equipment

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

turbotwister
Preferred Company: storm

return of urethane equipment

Post by turbotwister »

i am finding out more each day, that i'm starting to use my urethane equipment more and more. anybody else out there feel the same? i have an older urethane ball ( the natural) and i find that i'm using it at least once a week on 2 different houses because of the conditions and grind away to keep scoring. looks like i'm going to have to update my ball though (pitch black).
pjape

Re: return of urethane equipment

Post by pjape »

Lately I've been wondering just how far this trend is going to go. Will bowlers eventually go with urethane exclusively, since modern urethane balls have modern cores in them? We see them being used more and more on the PBA Tour.

It's kind of funny how for years ball companies have been coming out with balls that hook more and more and more, and now it seems to be changing. Personally, I like the trend. If I can get a urethane ball that carries as well as resin, but can play straighter, and not have to move so much, I'm all for it.

Maybe one day they will make a rubber ball with a modern core in it. :lol:
SomyP
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by SomyP »

This is why most of the time I end up not cleaning my equipment as much as I should. I have more than enough hand to make a ball hook, but I find that I like to play straighter angles. Most times I have to increase ball speed, or decrease rotation or both sometimes to stay farther right than everyone else. So for me adding a urethane piece with a strong core like a hot cell probably makes the most sense.
Mikepetrosky
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 right, 1/4 up
Speed: 18.5 at the line
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: DV8 Ruckus Feud
Medium Oil Ball: RotoGrip Uproar, Columbia Resurgence, Brunswick Exile
Light Oil Ball: RotoGrip Scream
Preferred Company: Rotogrip, Storm, DV8

Post by Mikepetrosky »

pjape wrote:Maybe one day they will make a rubber ball with a modern core in it. :lol:

I still carry an old rubber ball at times. :)
pjape

Post by pjape »

Mikepetrosky wrote:

I still carry an old rubber ball at times. :)
Mike, last season there was a guy on my league at Dutch who threw a rubber ball, and it was amazing how much power he was able to generate (with a three step approach!). If they were hooking, he'd switch to urethane.