Secret Sauce Question

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

pjape

Secret Sauce Question

Post by pjape »

Since my bottle of Bean's Secret Sauce is about empty, I thought I'd try some Storm Reacta Shine. I just checked the USBC website where they list what products are approved anytime, and those approved only before and after, and Reacta Shine is only before and after. To my surprise, Secret Sauce is approved for use anytime.

I always thought this was a polish that had some amount of abrasive in it. I'm not at home now to check, but I'm fairly certain that it's listed on the bottle "before and after" only. My bottle is pretty old; has this product changed recently? If it's always been approved, it obviously is not really going to change ball reaction much, if at all.

Just curious.
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Re: Secret Sauce Question

Post by J_w73 »

Secret Sauce is approved for anytime use. It is a polish and I'm pretty sure does alter the surface grit of the ball. Not sure why USBC allows it, but I will take advantage of it until they change it. Maybe it doesn't have any waxes or silicones in it so they feel it should be legal. Seems USBC is only concerned with dulling a ball during league play, but Secret Sauce allows me to come in with a ball that is over dull and then get the ball to go a little longer if I need it. Anytime, before or after, Secret Sauce is the best pure polish out there in my opinion. There are others that will tame the hook or kill the cover better though, if that is what you are trying to do. For me, Secret Sauce provides more length, but still retains a pretty big back end hook or sometime creates more back end.
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
pjape

Post by pjape »

J_w73 wrote:Secret Sauce is approved for anytime use. It is a polish and I'm pretty sure does alter the surface grit of the ball. Not sure why USBC allows it, but I will take advantage of it until they change it. Maybe it doesn't have any waxes or silicones in it so they feel it should be legal. Seems USBC is only concerned with dulling a ball during league play, but Secret Sauce allows me to come in with a ball that is over dull and then get the ball to go a little longer if I need it. Anytime, before or after, Secret Sauce is the best pure polish out there in my opinion. There are others that will tame the hook or kill the cover better though, if that is what you are trying to do. For me, Secret Sauce provides more length, but still retains a pretty big back end hook or sometime creates more back end.
Thanks! What I'm trying to achieve is retain the energy of my ball with a lot more backend. The backends where I bowl aren't very crisp, plus I don't have a lot of rotation. After almost leaving the 5-7-10 last week, I gotta do something! The one thing I've never tried with Secret Sauce is applying it over a bit of surface. In the past I would go the whole gamut; 500, 1000, 2000, 4000 then the sauce. My pro shop is ordering me Reacta Shine. I'm going to try the Roto Grip "1500 polished" and since that's what it calls for (obviously!), I'll go with that and see what happens. Still, I'll probably order some more Secret Sauce in the future.
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Post by J_w73 »

pjape wrote:
Thanks! What I'm trying to achieve is retain the energy of my ball with a lot more backend. The backends where I bowl aren't very crisp, plus I don't have a lot of rotation. After almost leaving the 5-7-10 last week, I gotta do something! The one thing I've never tried with Secret Sauce is applying it over a bit of surface. In the past I would go the whole gamut; 500, 1000, 2000, 4000 then the sauce. My pro shop is ordering me Reacta Shine. I'm going to try the Roto Grip "1500 polished" and since that's what it calls for (obviously!), I'll go with that and see what happens. Still, I'll probably order some more Secret Sauce in the future.
I've had success with surface and then secret sauce. Tends to do what you are looking for.
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
sutherngent
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/8 > X 1/2 ^
Speed: 15 @ monitor
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 50
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Marvel 40*3 1/2*35 1 in hole 2 down the val, OOB
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Infinite Theory 50*X4X25* 500/2000
Light Oil Ball: Ebonite Nitro R2 polished

Post by sutherngent »

Who makes Secret Sauce? I've heard of it just don't remember the mfr.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

sutherngent wrote:Who makes Secret Sauce? I've heard of it just don't remember the mfr.
Thomas "Beans" Biniek.
MeNoRevs
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 120
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/4 x 1 ^
Preferred Company: I prefer them all

Post by MeNoRevs »

MegaMav wrote:
Thomas "Beans" Biniek.
Lane 1 makes it now. Beans sold them the formula.

http://www.lane1bowling.com/products/ac ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;