Chad Murphy FB post about lofting in the US Open

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

imagonman
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Re: Chad Murphy FB post about lofting in the US Open

Post by imagonman »

TomaHawk wrote:People must realize, PBA players are prohibited from publicly expressing their displeasure with the environment they are participating in. Accolades only.

Here we have two highly qualified professional bowlers, WRW and Belmo, mocking the conditions they are encountering. Do not believe for a minute, either one of them thought they could win this tournament utilizing the technique they exhibited in the videos portrayed on this board. Both realized, they were wasting their time, expressing it with their own particular method.

As for competing against some of the best bowlers in the world with a plastic ball? That is extremely unrealistic unless they were all required to use the same.
Most probably don't read the code of conduct rules for a USBC event. Here they are:

CONDUCT
All tournament bowlers shall conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while in the host center, or on the property of the host center, and on social media, before, during and after the event. Any criticism by a tournament bowler who discusses the sponsor, host center or personnel, lane conditions or pins, USBC or its staff or their fellow competitors in an unfavorable manner, or who otherwise engages in actions unbecoming of a USBC bowler in the opinion of the tournament director shall be in violation of the Code of Conduct.
• Electronic media. The USBC regards electronic media such as message boards, conversation pages and other forms of social networking (such as Facebook and Twitter) as important tools of communication and fan interaction. Tournament participants may not use these platforms to defame or otherwise attack the integrity of the USBC, its members, staff, sponsors, host center or host-center employees.
• Individuals are subject to ejection for engaging in improper tactics or conduct including, but not limited to, physical and verbal abuse toward another person.
Anyone found to be in violation of the code of conduct will be fined and may be refused entry to the event or disqualified from the competition in which the violation occurred and/or declared ineligible for future competitions. First offense: $250; Second offense: $500; Third offense: $1,00

So anyone who dares to question anything the USBC does/says is slitting their own throats. BUT Mr. Chad can go on FB & demean anyone he pleases. That's a double standard if ever there was one. So let's be good little minions & blindly follow 'our' leader no matter what! BS!
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by TomaHawk »

imagonman wrote:So anyone who dares to question anything the USBC does/says is slitting their own throats. BUT Mr. Chad can go on FB & demean anyone he pleases. That's a double standard if ever there was one. So let's be good little minions & blindly follow 'our' leader no matter what! BS!
Maybe now, people can understand why I vehemently despise ABC / USBC. The whole institution of bowling is a joke and has been for quite some time. Let's go back in history, why did Earl Anthony quit the tour? ABC mandated a short oil pattern and requested the PBA follow suit.

Without calling out ABC or the PBA, Anthony said: "I am a bowler, not a thrower". Familiar?

It's a shame, look at how many of us honestly care about the game and the manner in which it is portrayed. When an entity grooms their own in an effort to maintain the status quo, this is the mess one gets.
pjape

Post by pjape »

TomaHawk wrote:People must realize, PBA players are prohibited from publicly expressing their displeasure with the environment they are participating in. Accolades only.

Here we have two highly qualified professional bowlers, WRW and Belmo, mocking the conditions they are encountering. Do not believe for a minute, either one of them thought they could win this tournament utilizing the technique they exhibited in the videos portrayed on this board. Both realized, they were wasting their time, expressing it with their own particular method.

As for competing against some of the best bowlers in the world with a plastic ball? That is extremely unrealistic unless they were all required to use the same.
Some others, like PDW and Shaffer, expressed their view of things by withdrawing.
pjape

Post by pjape »

TomaHawk wrote:
Maybe now, people can understand why I vehemently despise ABC / USBC. The whole institution of bowling is a joke and has been for quite some time. Let's go back in history, why did Earl Anthony quit the tour? ABC mandated a short oil pattern and requested the PBA follow suit.

Without calling out ABC or the PBA, Anthony said: "I am a bowler, not a thrower". Familiar?

It's a shame, look at how many of us honestly care about the game and the manner in which it is portrayed. When an entity grooms their own in an effort to maintain the status quo, this is the mess one gets.
I too have little time for the USBC anymore. The question I've been asking myself for several years at dues time is "what do my dues do for ME, the league bowler?" Just what advantage does my league have being sanctioned? Pretty much all the awards for honor scores have been taken away. The only answer I arrive at is, nothing, absolutely nothing.

Maybe it's time for leagues all across the country to drop their sanction. If the USBC stood to go out of business because of lack of funds, maybe then they would listen to us and fix the problems in the game today, many of which were created by them in the first place.
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by guruU2 »

imagonman wrote:So anyone who dares to question anything the USBC does/says is slitting their own throats. BUT Mr. Chad can go on FB & demean anyone he pleases. That's a double standard if ever there was one. So let's be good little minions & blindly follow 'our' leader no matter what! BS!
The emperor has no clothes on. The emperor has no clothes on.
TomaHawk wrote:Maybe now, people can understand why I vehemently despise ABC / USBC. The whole institution of bowling is a joke and has been for quite some time.
TomaHawk wrote:It's a shame, look at how many of us honestly care about the game and the manner in which it is portrayed. When an entity grooms their own in an effort to maintain the status quo, this is the mess one gets.
pjape wrote:Maybe it's time for leagues all across the country to drop their sanction. If the USBC stood to go out of business because of lack of funds, maybe then they would listen to us and fix the problems in the game today, many of which were created by them in the first place

Quiet young man, quiet. If the emperor hears you we will all get into trouble. Quiet I say, after all, all this is is an escapist recreational game signifying fun but probably nonsense. The current existential manifestation has been 45 years in the making. Thank you Arlington.

If one does not now one's product one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

guruU2 wrote:Thank you Arlington.
USBC: No, thank you.
usbcblind.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rrb6699
THS Average: 235
Sport Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 4 ovr, 1 up
Speed: 12-18.5 mph at pin deck
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: 15#-Incognito, Obsession Sld, Altered Reality, Astrophyx Prl
Medium Oil Ball: 16# Quantum Violet, Honey Badger Rev, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: 15#: StarTrak Ureth -Sky Blue
Preferred Company: Radical, Storm/Roto, Brunswk

Post by rrb6699 »

ever notice even every offer or "deal" usbc offers turns sour once you read the fine print.

I wonder how they sell anything.

what do you think of the nationals payouts vs entry fees?
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by TomaHawk »

rrb6699 wrote:I wonder how they sell anything.
They exist due to the fear factor: "oh my, what would we do without USBC"

....and the most obvious, no competition