what range of boards at the breakpoint is your strikezone

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

what range of boards at the breakpoint is your strikezone

Post by krava »

Our pattern is 39 feet. I noticed that if i hit 8 board at the breakpoint I can hit the pocket light and strike. 9 board i can strike. If i hit 7 I was usually outside 10 on my mark at the arrows (hit 9 board) and I would come in way too light and leave 3 pins of the bucket or the bucket itself. If I hit 10 at the breakpoint, I pulled the ball left because of bad timing and it would go brooklyn due to bad angle also. (I did hit 10 once and it held for a high pocket hit strike but I didn't pull it). Tonight I pulled the ball 2-3 times in 3 games. Left a 3 pin bucket 3 times and 1 bucket once. I never threw it outside of 7 at the breakpoint. Should I have aimed at 9 board for the breakpoint instead of 8? That would give me one board right error. Or did I play a bad line that didn't give me much room for error to begin with? I don't think I did that bad. I missed 4-5 single pin spares ( 7 4 10 and a 9 pin for sure). After I missed the 9 pin I ripped the white tape out of the front of the ball. That white tape keeps my thumb dragging over the rough surface and lets me get out of the ball later which makes me turn my hand left (instead of straight up the back of the ball) and I miss left usually. After taking that tape out no more spares were missed. I also had 1 split and still managed over 600 with all those misses.

I guess missing the breakpoint right, I am getting the ball into the friction too soon killing the ball reaction and thus when it hit 7 it didn't have much energy to come back to the pocket and thus bascially hit the 3 pin. From what I saw I missed the headpin entirely the times I left those 3 or 4 pins. Maybe I should have played 11 to 9 instead of 10 to 8? So even if I missed a board right I would have hit 10 to 8 and maybe struck and not got into the dry at the 9 board? I don't know the lane pattern so I don't know how much oil is on the 9 board compared to 10 and they refuse to tell anyone. How much drier is 9 then 10 on a normal house pattern?
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: what range of boards at the breakpoint is your strikezon

Post by MegaMav »

Still cant get off of 10.
2y2
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8 and 3/8 over
Speed: 17 mph
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 10º
Axis Rotation: 45º
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm CodeX
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick Python
Light Oil Ball: Pitch Blue
Preferred Company: None

Re: what range of boards at the breakpoint is your strikezon

Post by 2y2 »

Hello Krava,

I don´t think bowling can be described as a series of recipes, every session is different, every lane is different too, seeking for advice without getting out from a comfort zone won´t make anyone play better. It´s been said here many times that what works for someone will definitely not work for everybody. Maybe this article could help you a bit to understand about the breakpoint margin, remember that it depends on the pattern length among other things.

http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.php? ... &Itemid=46
If you think I helped, please click on the "+" button, Thanks.