bowling after knee replacement

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

klarkpba
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 up
Speed: 12/14
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 25
Axis Rotation: 45
Preferred Company: brunswick & Turbo

bowling after knee replacement

Post by klarkpba »

any advice for starting back on the lanes after total knee replacement?
SomyP
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: bowling after knee replacement

Post by SomyP »

Rehab, and rest first. Gotta build up strength in the knee. Once you are able practice one step or no step drill. Just focus on being in your finish position and trying to get as low as your knee allows you to. From there keep on building the leg strength back up and practice slowly until you are back to normal speed. I've seen bowlers come back from knee surgeries and be great, and some that came back too quick and their game suffered it was to a point where they had to re-learn how to bowl.
pjape

Post by pjape »

klarkpba wrote:any advice for starting back on the lanes after total knee replacement?
I'll ask a guy on my league and see what he did. He was out last season for a knee replacement, but so far this year he's averaging 239 for 9 games, so it looks like he's totally recovered.

I don't know how old you are, as recovery obviously takes longer as we age. The guy I'm referring to is only in his late 50's, so I'm sure that helped his recovery go quicker.

One of these days, it's going to be my turn. :(
klarkpba
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 up
Speed: 12/14
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 25
Axis Rotation: 45
Preferred Company: brunswick & Turbo

Post by klarkpba »

I am 69 yrs old so that will factor into it. I am doing 1 step drills but if feels like I am along way fro being from being able to be bowling normal.