Various pattern reading.moving questions

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: Various pattern reading.moving questions

Post by krava »

When I use a storm match on the THS I don't get any oil line. The only time I get really any oil line is when I get real close to the 3rd arrow. I did have to wipe my storm rocketship off a few times but it is after like 3-4 shots and then I see some oil on it. My scandal has oil lines every time I use it even on the 2nd arrow on the heavy oil 2016 national shot, but on a regular THS I don't see it much at all. My spare ball (track Spare + plastic ball) does get oil on it from time to time and I forget to wipe it off and it seeps into the thumb hole and gets on that slick red tape and messes me up on spares.
PinChurch
THS Average: 196
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 right 3/4up
Speed: 17,0 (Specto)
Rev Rate: 322
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 40

Post by PinChurch »

MegaMav wrote:Story time.

Last year, in the highest scoring house in the area, a local and national record was broken.
The local association inspector showed up previous to the record being broken.
After he left, shortly after the record was broken, what was the first thing the proprietor did after the record was set?
He put the first open bowlers to walk in, on the pair with plastic balls for a couple of hours.

I do not think all that many house shots are legal.
In my area in the east the reactivity on the outside of the lane has not changed with technology advancements in oil and coverstocks. Its stone cold overwalled. Some if not most are illegal, there is no doubt in my mind.

I have no way to prove this, but you would think with advancements in oil viscosity older, mild bowling balls like my Brunswick Red Zone wouldnt read immediately on the lane outside of 10. Around here its impossible to play outside the block unless you knuckle it.

They have a lot to gain from bucking the rules.
Biggest wall in the land gets the biggest scores.
Big Scores = Big Money

Random, non-scheduled inspections just dont happen.
Very little risk.

Thats how I see it at least.

Some countries has a very good counter against this. The national bowling federation announce regulations against oil patterns, some even as hard as only allowing around 3-5 sport patterns of the federation's choice. Some countries have regulations how many games/matches should be played on one re-condition. They have to, cause of the sport patterns that don't hold up for 8-12 games.
How many of you American guys plays league only on sports?

The questions about our sport are way different around the world.

Now, on topic:
What is the problem about moving the breakpoint? You need to move the exit- and breakpoint a bit as the leagues go.
PinChurch
THS Average: 196
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 right 3/4up
Speed: 17,0 (Specto)
Rev Rate: 322
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 40

Post by PinChurch »

krava wrote:I have to agree with megaMav there. Some houses are so much more easier then others. The easiest house I have seen is plano superbowl in Dallas, Tx. There is a lot of people here and someone must be from Dallas. I went there to get coached and averaged in the 240's or so. Miss a shot and then it comes back all of a sudden etc. You can tell if a place is easier or something is going on, if you go there and bowl a lot better then you do at your own house. The backends might have something to do with it also. I have thrown a shot or two lately on these new kegal flex walker machines that should never have came back and they did.

But everyone that hooks the ball is bitching about the lanes or something going on. Everyone from the 225 average (best bowlers here) to the 150 average people. Our house is not used to extremely clean backends. Hopefully people are bitching for the right reasons though. Just because someone didn't do well doesn't mean there is something wrong with the lanes. I bowled today and forgot one very important fundamental aspect and that is to get your body out of the way. I was standing on 28 with my left foot aiming to go over 10 and out and end up hitting the 6 board. I was placing the ball too close to the center of my body and not out to my side and not getting my body away from the ball and the swing went haywire. I recognized this after the 3rd frame and did what Megamav and Jmerrel said and that was to bend your knees tilt the body and it was so much easier getting a straight swing. It is still hard to not break your wrist when your wrist is sprained still though.
Why blame the lane man?

If you experience a house (and its shot, no point intended) to be easy, the explanation can always be that the pattern is tuned to the lane surface and the topography. You can play a 2:1 ration pattern easy as hell on the right lane surface for that pattern. I have played on sports like it was THS cause of the "lane man"'s knowledge about the right pattern for the lanes they have (mostly competitions not league). I have on the other side played 10:1 ratio patterns that not belong to the lane at all and that was more difficult than the us open.

For example, the Abbey road pattern is horrible on AMF lanes in a house that has a very faulty air condition.

It can be that your house in Dallas have crowning lanes and cold climate and a tuned pattern for the lane surface. But when I look at the league scores on that center, it isn't too high. Not many 800/3 matches.