Very good bowling specials during the summer months

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Very good bowling specials during the summer months

Post by krava »

This is not my usual topic but I was wondering about other places.

Our center is offering $5 unlimited bowling from 5pm-10pm at night on wednesday's along with free shoes if you need them (min 2 people per lane). (meaning pay $10 lane is yours)

I believe I have seen $1 games on Sundays at certain times every 2 weeks for some sort of church function thing.

Anything else seen deals like this?

Normal price is $2.20 a game for league bowlers $4 or $5 a game for others or $21-$25 an hour for a lane.

My shoulder can't take more then 5 games I don't believe right now without hurting, 2 games got it started hurting today (after warmup).
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Very good bowling specials during the summer months

Post by kajmk »

krava, pain is a warning. Determine why, before you do serious damage.
I injured my hand, missed a year, re-injured it missed another 6 months.
In my case it was due to my bad technique, entirely my fault

If you watch the good bowler's, most of them look effortless. That is what you should strive for.

I don't recall you ever posting a video for analysis, I suggest you post one on the Certified Coaching Forum, ask Jim for advice. Show your doctor your video too!

From an old post
In today's game Hitting up and Lifting is like a singer shouting in Carnegie Hall.
Remember the old TV commercial "It's ok Mr. Tuttle, in here we don't have to shout"

A Reporter once asked golfer Sam Snead, "I never seem to be able to drive the ball very far or where I want it , why is that?" Sam replied, that's because I swing the ball with effortless power while you swing with powerless effort."

In an old movie "The Crusades" there is a scene where King Richard has an audience with Saladin. Trying to impress Saladin, Richard wields his sword cutting an iron bar in two. Saladin summons one of his soldiers who throws a silk veil into the air, as the veil floats down to the ground, the soldier lets the veil fall on his outstretched sword, when the veil falls on the sword and is cut in two.

King Richard, you have demonstrated the strength of your arm, not the sharpness of your blade.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

krava wrote:This is not my usual topic but I was wondering about other places.

Our center is offering $5 unlimited bowling from 5pm-10pm at night on wednesday's along with free shoes if you need them (min 2 people per lane). (meaning pay $10 lane is yours)

I believe I have seen $1 games on Sundays at certain times every 2 weeks for some sort of church function thing.

Anything else seen deals like this?

Normal price is $2.20 a game for league bowlers $4 or $5 a game for others or $21-$25 an hour for a lane.

My shoulder can't take more then 5 games I don't believe right now without hurting, 2 games got it started hurting today (after warmup).
Where I bowl most, you can buy a 25 game card for $1.25 a game if you bowl leagues. Can be used to pay for anyone else bowling with you also.
santos314
Preferred Company: Hammer

Post by santos314 »

My house, Imperial Bowl in Missouri has year round $5 all you can bowl 11 to 5 weekdays!!!
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

Here league bowlers for $22 a month can get the Playpass card, which gives you unlimited practice bowling for a month (Best deal I've seen if you want to practice a lot). Unlimited practice has dark times and conditions, basically its just on weekdays, no weekends.

They have a summer special also, 15 games for $15.

Plus you can get the free rewards card, That earns 10% cash back on your card when you buy stuff and they give you about $40 for each league your on (used wisely it pays for my drinks for most of the season) plus a dew other perks.

You can upgrade to the premium card (I think was for $15) which basically doubles everything,plus they put $15 rewards cash on the card for signing up so you pretty much get it back.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
Arkansas
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 Left x 3/4 Up
Speed: 18.5 off Hand
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Guru Mighty
Medium Oil Ball: Guru
Light Oil Ball: Torrid Affair
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by Arkansas »

We have an annual pass for $365. Unlimited bowling as long as there's an open lane. If they get full they take your lanes or give you the option to switch to paying per game or per hour.
James Talley
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

I definetely need to move. I thought that was a good deal but that is so short. Only doing it for 3 weeks or so.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

Our center gives all adults that bowl in a summer league 3 free games on Tues., Wed,. and Thurs. during the summer months. -- JohnP
ballspoint
Speed: 20 mph off the hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 70

Post by ballspoint »

WOW!, I guess most of these comments are from the USA? Here in New Zealand we having nothing that cheap, the best i can get is $25 a month to bowl whenever, only then you have to be in the national training squad, otherwise its 5 bucks 1st game then cheaper for more. But i guess you have the population / numbers to allow for the cheaper rate.
R/H, 20 mph off hand. 250 Revs.
11* Tilt. 70* Rotation. 5 5/8 x 1"up
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

ballspoint wrote:WOW!, I guess most of these comments are from the USA? Here in New Zealand we having nothing that cheap, the best i can get is $25 a month to bowl whenever, only then you have to be in the national training squad, otherwise its 5 bucks 1st game then cheaper for more. But i guess you have the population / numbers to allow for the cheaper rate.
The owner tries to keep the place ful of people. He makes a little on the bar and the snack bar, but somewhere down the line, everything will be worn out and either he will have to charge the $5.00 or we will be bowling on very worn out equiptment. I hope he can keep the place full. Looks good when you have to go into a place and put your name on a list for a lane. Also, helps keep his leagues a little fuller (so you are guaranteed a lane).