Finding the PAP (with industry-leading precision)

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Finding the PAP (with industry-leading precision)

Post by bowl1820 »

I was looking around and found this video from Phoenix Ball Balancing on how to find the PAP with industry-leading precision.

Now you need a smart phone, tripod, telephoto lens, put tracers on the ball, some $35.50 software. Once your done you will have located a players PAP to with in 1/4" of it's location.

[youtube][/youtube]

Published on Jan 4, 2017
Every method of laying out a bowling ball for drilling its gripping holes requires knowing the bowler's PAP location. Here are some tips on how to setup and use a smartphone to capture cool videos that can be used to determine the bowler's PAP with industry-leading precision.

Boy I'm behind the times, I used Don Johnsons old method of using a flexible tape and a grease pencil and nailed it.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Finding the PAP (with industry-leading precision)

Post by guruU2 »

bowl1820 wrote:Boy I'm behind the times, I used Don Johnsons old method of using a flexible tape and a grease pencil and nailed it.

Same for me bowl1820!

-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Post by JMerrell »

Marketing...marketing.......you only need to reel in a small percentage of the fish to be profitable in the social media market. :D
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Post by Dustin »

Looks more time consuming than a grease pencil, a armadillo, piece of tape and a Pro Sect. I have seen some of Phoenix Ball Balancing videos (can't get that time back) and personally would not send then a penny of my money, but at least someone found use for the old Compu Balance gizmo I have seen used in the other videos. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

Dustin wrote:Looks more time consuming than a grease pencil, a armadillo, piece of tape and a Pro Sect. I have seen some of Phoenix Ball Balancing videos (can't get that time back) and personally would not send then a penny of my money, but at least someone found use for the old Compu Balance gizmo I have seen used in the other videos. :roll:
The gizmo seen there is the Phoenix Ball Balancing layout tool, a expensive (was $200+) type of quarter scale. It's not the Compubalance.

Compubalance is the software which came out back in the 90's and they've updated.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."