Bad day spare shooting after not missing in a long time

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Bad day spare shooting after not missing in a long time

Post by krava »

Has anyone had this happen to them? In the last few weeks I haven't missed 1 spare. Before this I was shooting spares really well. Today my first game I picked up every spare got 2 doubles and ended up with a 216. I even picked up a 1 2 10. Now go to 2nd-3rd game. Each of these games I had between 4-5 10 pins per game. I missed every single pin I left from 2nd game on except I did get 2-3 10 pins. I left 1 7 missed it. probably 8-10 10 pins and missed them all but 2 or 3. I had 150 and 161.

I didn't move off my mark or feet the entire 3 games. I didn't move because I was right in the pocket 90% of the time. I left 10 pins because of solid 10 pins, getting the ball too far right and coming back at a bad angle. Throwing the ball right and light pocket hit etc. If I had the ball deflecting, I would have moved or changed balls or something. I didn't have any defecting shots I could see. I missed 3 spares in 4 frames it was that bad. I was so pissed off you could see it in my face.

I am not sure if this was a cause but I had extreme stress today before bowling. But I think the stress would have showed in the first game. When I threw at the spares I guess I could have forced the ball since my shoulder was feeling almost 100% I don't know what happend. I felt like I regressed.. I was 90% dead in the pocket all night and got the lowest series I have shot in a LONG time. The lowest 1st frame shot I got was 7 in the first frame. It was a double wood with a pin to the side of it. I even told my partner I am going to miss this shot but I did end up picking it up. After that I got 1 8 pin count. Then every single thing else was 9 or x. atleast 5 10 pins last game, atleast 4 10 pins 2nd game. 2nd game had a split in the 10th I missed. It was a 2 4 10.

I felt like quitting after this I was so pissed off. I have to maybe count the stress I had before bowling to count somehow toward this. But anyone else not ever miss much and just totally missed the hell out of everything 1 night? It wasn't everything it was just 7 10 pin misses and 1 7 pin miss or something.
VLe
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 55
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Bad day spare shooting after not missing in a long time

Post by VLe »

Mental game. Based on the text it was clearly a frustration that killed your game. When you missed those ten pins in a row, was the misses similar or did you just throw the ball at any direction?
Right Handed
PAP 4 3/8" x 0"
60* rotation
17.5* tilt
320-360 rev rate
17mph off hand
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

I am not sure if it was frustration. Earlier in the day paypal informed me that my money is being frozen and my account would be reviewed. Everything I own is in that thing. Over $75K Plus frozen and I couldn't get to it. Now It has been released but that can kill your mental game for awhile I would think. I made about 20 in a row 10 pins before. I perfer the 10 pin to anything else. I just had some issues that day. The misses were on right and on the left side.
santos314
Preferred Company: Hammer

Post by santos314 »

You keep $75,000 in Paypal?!?!