Playing area never played before / Plastic ball only dry

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Playing area never played before / Plastic ball only dry

Post by krava »

Went bowling sunday and made sure I went before the lanes got oiled for league. I am not sure when the last time it was oiled. The lanes were oiled either Sat Morning or Thursday Night for league. To give you an idea how dry the lanes were, I stood where I would normaly throw my bad intentions hybrid and strike on a fresh THS. (Feet on 22 aim at 10) I had several shots go brooklyn from there also. The plastic ball is track spare plus and it is drilled to have some type of hook. I wanted to see what is the worst condition and worst ball I can use and what I would score. With no practice shots I got 178 first game 182 2nd game. I didn't throw a 3rd game because I wanted to try other things out. I tried a hammer nail titanium and my BTU to see what they would do. The 4th game, I wanted to see if I could deal with the lane by moving left. I have never played left of 3rd arrow. I started by playing 2 boards left of 3rd arrow standing 8 boards left of the last dot throwing accross 17 I believe. I used the c300 swerve FX at factory finish. I got 3 in a row early also had 1 split ended up with 200 even.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 5 min 5:58 sec to bowl that game.

The question is, am I good enough to play in that part of the lane or I should move back right and try something else? My usual area of play is 8-10 board to start with. I think I am about to give up on the 8 board though. I did it on monday had 2 open frames in first 5 frames. I grabbed a stronger ball and moved left and moved the target left. I did a 4 and 2 move. I didn't want to start out with my bad intentions hybrid because I just cleaned the ball and probably put too much surface on it. I used a marroon scotch brite pad and then hit it with 3000 siiar. 3000 albraon might have done the trick. I ended up with 170 first game and then 226 218 or something. A guy that was averaging 207 average that plays the 8 board shot a 520 or 530 series doing that. (playing 8 board) His ball rolled as bad as my ball does on the 8 board. No defined roll, just end over end when it hits the pocket.

Here is another question I don't want to start a thread on. When do you know for sure you need to "ball down?" I have NEVER balled down until Monday night. I was using the bad intentions hybrid and I was already on 1 strike and I threw the ball and it hit high in the pocket and struck. (10th frame). I then moved 1/2 board to the left and that should have fixed the issue. I threw the ball, hit my mark and the ball shot brooklyn and struck. I then changed the ball down to a Storm Rocketship. I was on 3 in a row when I did that. I threw the ball in the same spot I was throwing the bad intentions hybrid and it rolled perfect and was the best strike I threw all night. I then finished the 3rd game up with the rocketship not moving any boards the rest of the game. You ball down when the ball overshoots left?

Another issue. 3rd game 10th frame I was on a double and the team was behind 50 points or so with me going into the 10th. I had a very good confident shot. I went up there planning to strike out and give it to the guys hard (I struck out 2nd game and everyone contributed to win that game). I ended up slowing my normal ball speed down just a little tad maybe 1 mph slower then normal (on the last few balls to start striking again). Anyway, some how I got up there and slung the hell out of my ball. Instead of throwing the ball -1 mph (then usual), I ended up throwing it +3 MPH more. What the hell happend? I was throwing so good and just went out there and slung it like that?? After getting the spare, I thought to myself ok slow it down. I slowed it back down and struck on last ball but we ended up losing the game by 2 pins (I shot 218 and I am the lead off person on the team), the anchor 195 average shot 159 (he only had to spare and ended up with a pocket 7 10). I still blame myself for losing that game for just throwing the hell out of the ball for whatever reason. I don't know what happened there is no excuse for it
Last edited by krava on March 29th, 2017, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
imagonman
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Re: Playing area never played before / Plastic ball only dry

Post by imagonman »

Sorry but why the heck are you NOT the anchor on your team? You are the best bowler on your team, in the league, hi scratch, hi avg., hi series, game, etc. I don't get it!
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

I just joined the team a few weeks ago. 2 people left the team and I missed over half the season. I might get 1/4 of the season. The guy on the bottom is pretty good and has been bowling for probably 40 years, he is on the older side 65 in a few weeks. He just had a bad night. I am fine with where I am. Can't blame him for what happend. I bowled 30+ lower then my average the first game. I have bowled 5-6 weeks and only 3 weeks more left.
Qman
THS Average: 185
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/8 1/2 up
Rev Rate: 280
Axis Tilt: 23
Axis Rotation: 20
Heavy Oil Ball: Roto Grip Sinister
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Solid
Light Oil Ball: Rack Attack Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical/Storm/Roto Grip

Post by Qman »