Jesper Svensson rev rate

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

SomyP
Preferred Company: Storm

Jesper Svensson rev rate

Post by SomyP »

What is Jesper's rev rate? I know it's up there. Recently watched the Weber cup and they hardly if not rarely show the speed and rev rates of bowler's anymore. It would be nice to see to get an idea of how much these bowler's are putting into the shot. Rev rate is not everything I know that. It's more about consistently hitting your mark and adjusting as necessary. But Jesper's adjustment is simply speed or angle not ball, rev rate, rotation etc.
stevespo
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 5.75" x + 3/8"
Speed: 17+ off hand (camera)
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Phaze II, Altered Reality
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Nano, Zen, Phase III
Light Oil Ball: Electrify Pearl

Re: Jesper Svensson rev rate

Post by stevespo »

It's too hard to get a read off his Pitch Black, but he's always lumped into the "600 RPM group" and that seems like the right ballpark to me (+/- 10% perhaps). Is that "off the hand" or not? Not sure.

There is a nice tool for slowing down youtube videos at http://www.youtubeslow.com/watch?v=EVwChZbav5A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so maybe you can tease it out.

On this telecast, they state that Jesper is using 7 urethane balls "with different drillings". Hard to know if this is completely accurate, but might mean a few layouts with different surfaces, etc. So, it's very likely that he is using more than one ball during a tournament and even a broadcast - just hard to tell.

He may certainly be changing hand position and tilt/rotation as well. I wouldn't assume it's just speed and location, but I haven't seen him bowl enough to know for sure. I've seen some discussion that his overall tour performance has not been that great (ie. consistency on different patterns), but when he matches up he's pretty amazing.

Steve
16 mph (14-14.5 on monitor), 375 rpm, PAP 5 1/2 x 3/8 up, AT: 12*, AR: 45*
andrewstack23
THS Average: 210
Sport Average: 157
Positive Axis Point: idk
Speed: 15.5-18.3
Rev Rate: 480
Axis Tilt: 7
Axis Rotation: 50
Heavy Oil Ball: Piranha powercor
Medium Oil Ball: Cuda powercor
Light Oil Ball: vendetta
Preferred Company: any

Re: Jesper Svensson rev rate

Post by andrewstack23 »

the highest rev rate of svensson i've seen is 650 rpms and the lowest ive seen is 580 on tv