alcohol

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

turbotwister
Preferred Company: storm

Re: alcohol

Post by turbotwister »

bowl1820, that's they way i'm leaning, to just buy the nesco and set it a bucket and if i have too, i can order the extra trays for some height.
turbotwister
Preferred Company: storm

Post by turbotwister »

bowl1820, i just ordered the nesco from amazon minus the trays. i like the idea of the leveling guide too and will cut some slits in the bottom of the bucket for circulation . i'll let you know when i get i hooked up and tell you the outcome. just thinking, i wonder if i can use the nesco base and cut the bottom off of the bucket and fit it like that, instead of the extra rings? it looks like i might be able to do that too.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

In looking at the thread deanchamp referred readers too, it seems that the creative repurposing deserves a dedicated topic thread.
Something like " Ball rejuvenator for under $X dollars.
Kinda just created
Oil extractor/ball rejuvenator for under $80.00.
Corrections and comments on that thread will be appreciated.
viewtopic.php?uid=866&f=3&t=12190&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That will draw a lot of traffic.
Kudos to the creative mind that separated the marketing from the science.
Now that's a poll that might outscore the spare ball debate.
Bowlers already pay a ton of money for equipment, if this can save them money and it works well, spread the word.

Cheers
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
bowlaj
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 200
Heavy Oil Ball: Brunswick Mastermind
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Hyroad Pearl
Light Oil Ball: Radical Rack Attack Cherry Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by bowlaj »

bowl1820 wrote:
Not having seen a nesco in person, I don't see why you couldn't just get a bucket of the right size that the ball would fit in and just set the nesco top unit on the bucket and not go thru the trouble of cutting the rings out (and buying extra ones).

or at most just take one ring, cut it out and mount it to the bucket as a docking collar for the top unit.

which is all this appears to be:

The Nesco is unique in that the container has slots that go around the perimeter in which the air comes down the sides and up from the bottom. It just doesn't blow from the top directly onto the ball.
Click my green + rep button if this helps!

USBC Bronze Coach

PBA60-Radical Staffer wannabe
Jp6940
THS Average: 197
Medium Oil Ball: Track NRG
Light Oil Ball: Quantum Red Pearl
Preferred Company: Track

Post by Jp6940 »

How high is too high? 150?
I'm thinking about years ago when I was told to not take a cold ball into a warm environment or it would crack...
I assume you guys have the ball at room temperature before cleaning them in the dehydrator?
Just bought one and I'm excited to use it!
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

Jp6940 wrote:How high is too high? 150?
I'm thinking about years ago when I was told to not take a cold ball into a warm environment or it would crack...
I assume you guys have the ball at room temperature before cleaning them in the dehydrator?
Just bought one and I'm excited to use it!
135* is more than hot enough to get the oil out of a ball. I would not go any higher.
I use the NuBall http://scbp.biz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and have gotten oil to start coming out at 100*
I have not let any of my newer balls, ones with a thin coverstock shell, I call them laminates, get cold. I live in Michigan and I Never leave them in the car. So Yes, I start with them at room temperature.

Last year I offered to de-oil one of my co-workers balls. He had it in his trunk for the day and gave it to me after work. It was April, 75* and sunny. When he pulled it out of his bag it was dripping wet with oil. The ball itself was easily 100*.
What I am getting at is leaving your equipment in a vehicle will expose it to extreme temperatures. Even in mild temperatures.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
Jp6940
THS Average: 197
Medium Oil Ball: Track NRG
Light Oil Ball: Quantum Red Pearl
Preferred Company: Track

Post by Jp6940 »

Thanks for your response. I should have mine soon and I’m already reading up on it.