How would you feel being beaten by hello kitty in league

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

How would you feel being beaten by hello kitty in league

Post by krava »

I have a question here. It might be a good idea for a poll. If it has been asked before someone please show me the link.

My question is suppose that you are in a league and you bring your 4-6 balls or whatever. Then someone on the other side that only brought one ball. Lets say that ball is the black Hello Kitty plastic ball. Then they proceeded to beat your score at the end of the night. How would you feel? Would you feel like "what could that person do if they had the right equipment?" would you feel pretty bad that someone beat you with a plastic ball and you had all your good equipment etc. I think that might be a good poll question. Also is it illegal to bowl league the entire season with a plastic ball (doing as good as you can) then use the more aggressive equipment later on as in a tournament etc?
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: How would you feel being beaten by hello kitty in league

Post by TonyPR »

I wouldn't mind losing to Sponge Bob but to Hello Kitty??? Fudge! I would pack my bags and go fishing to a remote area of the country... for a whole year!
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
56bird

Post by 56bird »

How would I feel? I wouldn't like it. Plastic is plastic though, the pins can't see the logos and such. I'm sure there are bowlers who don't like when I beat them with a Diva (one of the three I have so far), but, it happens. I haven't been beaten by a bowler using plastic for strikes *lately* but I'm sure it will happen again one day.

I feel like the second part of your question is tougher. I feel like choosing to use a ball you don't match up with best is *ethically* sandbagging but I'm pretty sure there's no way to enforce it as a rules violation.

By the same token I'd like to have the right to occasionally try a ball in league for maybe a game or two when I suspect (for, how can you KNOW?) that I could perform marginally better with my benchmark ball or what have you. I'm always looking at the big picture and trying to improve and become a more complete bowler, sometimes you have to take a small step backward in order to move forward.

Another bowler might choose to use urethane in a competitive league, possibly costing himself pins in average for the season but giving him an advantage in head-to-head matchups (by wrecking the shim for reactive users). Same person might break out the reactives for tournaments where head-to-head isn't an issue. I don't know how you could tell him that's wrong.
RobMautner
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Preferred Company: No Preference

Post by RobMautner »

A few years ago, a bowler won the Southern Nevada Masters using a plastic ball, and a pink one at that! I don't remember who all bowled that year, but we normally attract players like Mike DeVaney, Robert Smith, Ron Mohr, Michael Haugen and Stuart Williams. I never saw this bowler use anything other than plastic. I think that it's a pretty big leap to ASS U ME that using more aggressive equipment would benefit a bowler whose comfort zone is playing outside with plastic.
pjape

Post by pjape »

I bet Jesper would do quite well with a Hello Kitty ball. :lol:
MWhite

Post by MWhite »

pjape wrote:I bet Jesper would do quite well with a Hello Kitty ball. :lol:
No, because his urethane balls (on TV) had been sanded to the extreme.

Do that to a "Hello Kitty", and it's "Goodbye Kitty".