Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

kellytehuna
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 3.75", 1" up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 480
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 40
Heavy Oil Ball: Morich DestroyR
Medium Oil Ball: Morich Perpetual Motion
Light Oil Ball: Morich Mojave
Preferred Company: Morich

Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls

Post by kellytehuna »

Wow! There is ALOT of GREAT information in that thread! I would strongly recommend rereading that if you get a chance.
Father, Husband, Bowler, Web developer

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Re: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls

Post by J_w73 »

kellytehuna wrote:Wow! There is ALOT of GREAT information in that thread! I would strongly recommend rereading that if you get a chance.
I am glad my annoying barrage of questions that everyone else is afraid to ask has finally provided some valuable content. :) I just re-read the thread as well...and yes I agree my questions were constant and annoying... but I think it finally got to questions and answers that have never been discussed on any bowling forum... I have seen this thread referenced on multiple sites across the web..

I think the response I like the best from Mathistruth, "Wow!!! I never thought we would get into this."
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

Post by scotts33 »

Link?
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Post by J_w73 »

Sorry.. when I read Kellytehuna's post I was thinking the same thing but found it in a search.. but then forgot to post the link

Here you go..

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=69&p=465&hilit=how+and+why+mb#p465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

J_w73 wrote: I am glad my annoying barrage of questions that everyone else is afraid to ask has finally provided some valuable content. :) I just re-read the thread as well...and yes I agree my questions were constant and annoying... but I think it finally got to questions and answers that have never been discussed on any bowling forum... I have seen this thread referenced on multiple sites across the web..

I think the response I like the best from Mathistruth, "Wow!!! I never thought we would get into this."

Your questions are not annoying. As long as you're seeking accurate information and not being argumentative, you are a valuable asset to these forums. You DO get it and have realized how well this works when we all contribute to the success of these forums. On bowlingchat, we are trying to disseminate accurate information. Glad to have you aboard!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
kellytehuna
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 3.75", 1" up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 480
Axis Rotation: 40
Heavy Oil Ball: Morich DestroyR
Medium Oil Ball: Morich Perpetual Motion
Light Oil Ball: Morich Mojave
Preferred Company: Morich

Post by kellytehuna »

My bad! I didn't think to post a link. Sorry.
Mo Pinel wrote:Your questions are not annoying. As long as you're seeking accurate information and not being argumentative, you are a valuable asset to these forums. You DO get it and have realized how well this works when we all contribute to the success of these forums. On bowlingchat, we are trying to disseminate accurate information. Glad to have you aboard!
I definitely agree with Mo on this one. I don't think you ask questions we're afraid to ask. I think you ask questions that never cross anyone else's mind. That's good. I, for one, had never considered that there was any MAJOR difference between symmetric and asymmetric balls, so I never considered that you would have to make different considerations for each type of ball.

Reading through that thread again helped me to realize just how far a small group of us have come since that thread. We have consistently chimed in on stuff that was WAY over our heads and I think we're finally reaching a point where we can now at least tread water.

I personally think that thread should be a sticky. Anybody wanting to get into this stuff should try to digest the wealth of information to be gleaned from that thread alone!
Father, Husband, Bowler, Web developer

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818
magicmike
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4-1/2"> 3/4"^
Speed: 17 off my hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Jackal Ghost, Forge Flare
Medium Oil Ball: Forge Fire, Jackal Flash, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: Supra, Desert Tank
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by magicmike »

Mo summed it up perfectly with that statement, it is essentially our mission statement here. That thread is fantastic and I link to it a lot to my friends and others that could use some information on asymmetrics.