Board index » General Forums » General Bowling




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls
 Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:45 am Post Number: #1 Post
Offline
Trusted Source
User avatar

Joined: January 18, 2010
Posts: 2891
Location: Hazard, KY
Reputation: 271
Reputation Power: 3
Wow! There is ALOT of GREAT information in that thread! I would strongly recommend rereading that if you get a chance.

_________________
Father, Husband, Bowler, Web developer

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls
 Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:57 am Post Number: #2 Post
Offline
Member

Joined: January 18, 2010
Posts: 894
Location: Northern California
Reputation: 20
Reputation Power: 1
kellytehuna wrote:
Wow! There is ALOT of GREAT information in that thread! I would strongly recommend rereading that if you get a chance.


I am glad my annoying barrage of questions that everyone else is afraid to ask has finally provided some valuable content. :) I just re-read the thread as well...and yes I agree my questions were constant and annoying... but I think it finally got to questions and answers that have never been discussed on any bowling forum... I have seen this thread referenced on multiple sites across the web..

I think the response I like the best from Mathistruth, "Wow!!! I never thought we would get into this."

_________________
Right Handed, 18 -19 mph off hand (16 - 17 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 220+


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls
 Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:42 am Post Number: #3 Post
Offline
Trusted Source
User avatar

Joined: August 13, 2009
Posts: 793
Location: Madison, WI
Reputation: 85
Reputation Power: 1
Link?


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls
 Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:30 pm Post Number: #4 Post
Offline
Member

Joined: January 18, 2010
Posts: 894
Location: Northern California
Reputation: 20
Reputation Power: 1
Sorry.. when I read Kellytehuna's post I was thinking the same thing but found it in a search.. but then forgot to post the link

Here you go..

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=69&p=465&hilit=how+and+why+mb#p465

_________________
Right Handed, 18 -19 mph off hand (16 - 17 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 220+


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls
 Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:10 pm Post Number: #5 Post
Offline
Mo Pinel
User avatar

Joined: January 26, 2010
Posts: 10054
Reputation: 642
Reputation Power: 7
J_w73 wrote:
kellytehuna wrote:
Wow! There is ALOT of GREAT information in that thread! I would strongly recommend rereading that if you get a chance.


I am glad my annoying barrage of questions that everyone else is afraid to ask has finally provided some valuable content. :) I just re-read the thread as well...and yes I agree my questions were constant and annoying... but I think it finally got to questions and answers that have never been discussed on any bowling forum... I have seen this thread referenced on multiple sites across the web..

I think the response I like the best from Mathistruth, "Wow!!! I never thought we would get into this."


Your questions are not annoying. As long as you're seeking accurate information and not being argumentative, you are a valuable asset to these forums. You DO get it and have realized how well this works when we all contribute to the success of these forums. On bowlingchat, we are trying to disseminate accurate information. Glad to have you aboard!


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls
 Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:02 pm Post Number: #6 Post
Offline
Trusted Source
User avatar

Joined: January 18, 2010
Posts: 2891
Location: Hazard, KY
Reputation: 271
Reputation Power: 3
My bad! I didn't think to post a link. Sorry.

Mo Pinel wrote:
Your questions are not annoying. As long as you're seeking accurate information and not being argumentative, you are a valuable asset to these forums. You DO get it and have realized how well this works when we all contribute to the success of these forums. On bowlingchat, we are trying to disseminate accurate information. Glad to have you aboard!


I definitely agree with Mo on this one. I don't think you ask questions we're afraid to ask. I think you ask questions that never cross anyone else's mind. That's good. I, for one, had never considered that there was any MAJOR difference between symmetric and asymmetric balls, so I never considered that you would have to make different considerations for each type of ball.

Reading through that thread again helped me to realize just how far a small group of us have come since that thread. We have consistently chimed in on stuff that was WAY over our heads and I think we're finally reaching a point where we can now at least tread water.

I personally think that thread should be a sticky. Anybody wanting to get into this stuff should try to digest the wealth of information to be gleaned from that thread alone!

_________________
Father, Husband, Bowler, Web developer

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Just reread the How and Why of Asymmetric balls
 Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 pm Post Number: #7 Post
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: June 25, 2009
Posts: 254
Location: Wenona, IL
Reputation: 11
Reputation Power: 1
Mo summed it up perfectly with that statement, it is essentially our mission statement here. That thread is fantastic and I link to it a lot to my friends and others that could use some information on asymmetrics.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » General Forums » General Bowling


 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron