What's the best, most durable 3-ball roller bag?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

JrFreak
THS Average: 225
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 475
Heavy Oil Ball: RotoGrip Defient
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Furious / Prodigy
Light Oil Ball: Storm Natural
Preferred Company: Storm

What's the best, most durable 3-ball roller bag?

Post by JrFreak »

Hi all. Time for a new 3-ball bag. The last one I had was pretty much junk. I can't remember the brand. I think I got it at K-Mart... Brunswick maybe? Anyways, it was junk. The axle eventually broken out of the plastic housing. I had to get a guy at work to fab frame out of aluminum and I bolted it on the inside to the handle rails. That gave it a 3 more years of life, but now it needs to be put to rest.

What's a good / durable bag? I'm a Storm guy now and wanted to go for the Rolling Thunder, but wanted to make sure it was durable.

Any thoughts? Price isn't that big of an issue. I'll pay more now if I can get a few more years out of it.

Thanks,
-=< Jr the Freak >=-

Lefty Cranker - 17-18 mph, 475-500 RPM
Laniarty

Re: What's the best, most durable 3-ball roller bag?

Post by Laniarty »

The Rolling Thunder's come with a 5 year warranty. I'd imagine that makes them durable just for the fact as a company that you couldn't afford to keep replacing them if they broke.
Right handed ~450 rpm 16 mph 12° tilt 65° rotation
Virtual Gravity Nano - 35x4.5x45
Critical Theory - 70x4x40
Prodigy - 60x3.5x30
607A - 85x2.5x35
Slingshot - 60x5x40
JrFreak
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 475
Heavy Oil Ball: RotoGrip Defient
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Furious / Prodigy
Light Oil Ball: Storm Natural

Post by JrFreak »

Good point. Didn't see that. Most bags are 1 year right?
-=< Jr the Freak >=-

Lefty Cranker - 17-18 mph, 475-500 RPM
MattInTheHat
THS Average: 201
Positive Axis Point: 4 9/16 -> 15/16 ^
Speed: 17-17.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: TR2
Medium Oil Ball: QZ1 / TX1
Light Oil Ball: RX1
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by MattInTheHat »

Storm has some good bags, their entry level bags are pretty good but their mid and upper level bags are better (the Rolling Thunder line). Some of the entry level rollers only have a 1 year warranty, but most the better ones are from 3 - 5 years. Personally, I say skip the 3 and go straight to a 4 ball roller. A 3 ball roller is pretty awkward to lift as it is pretty long, and with 3 15lb balls plus the weight of the bag, shoes, and whatever else, it is heavy. While a 4 ball bag is larger overall you can separate the top and bottom sections, so you are only lifting 2 balls at a time. Plus you don't have to worry about it falling over, balls falling out of it, or having to lay it down on the floor to load and unload equipment like you do with a 3 ball bag.

Of course the downside is the bag takes up a little more room overall and costs more. But those trade offs are worth it in my opinion.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

MattInTheHat wrote:Storm has some good bags, their entry level bags are pretty good but their mid and upper level bags are better (the Rolling Thunder line). Some of the entry level rollers only have a 1 year warranty, but most the better ones are from 3 - 5 years. Personally, I say skip the 3 and go straight to a 4 ball roller. A 3 ball roller is pretty awkward to lift as it is pretty long, and with 3 15lb balls plus the weight of the bag, shoes, and whatever else, it is heavy. While a 4 ball bag is larger overall you can separate the top and bottom sections, so you are only lifting 2 balls at a time. Plus you don't have to worry about it falling over, balls falling out of it, or having to lay it down on the floor to load and unload equipment like you do with a 3 ball bag.

Of course the downside is the bag takes up a little more room overall and costs more. But those trade offs are worth it in my opinion.
Take a look on http://www.morichbowling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the on line shop. We have a deluxe 3 ball roller that has always gotten rave reviews. We don't sell many because this is the only place they're available. They are a little pricy, but worth it. Core Tech members can call the office for Core Tech pricing.
Last edited by Mo Pinel on August 27th, 2010, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
Metalrules
THS Average: 220
Preferred Company: ROTO-GRIP -- COLUMBIA

Post by Metalrules »

i would suggest looking at K&R bags. they also come with a 5 year warranty. i have delt with them a few times for warranty issues, and they have come through. i had a zipper that stuck in the closed position, i called them, they sent me a new bag. check them out.
tizzle
Preferred Company: morich

Post by tizzle »

Jr.. I second the morich bag.. give me a call if that is the one you decide to go with.. I am a proshop and a core tech member with morich.. 314-686-5321

Travis Miller
Brazen Bowling Supply
magicmike
Positive Axis Point: 4-1/2"> 3/4"^
Speed: 17 off my hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Jackal Ghost, Forge Flare
Medium Oil Ball: Forge Fire, Jackal Flash, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: Supra, Desert Tank
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by magicmike »

My storm streamline inline 3 ball roller is on year 5 and has no tears rips, or any real big issues. My buddy has a rolling thunder same age and its also in phenomenal shape for its age. I'd go with the rolling thunder for the bigger wheels if I could do it over again because its definitely easy to get the streamline to tip over on rough terrain.

I don't know much about the KR bags but their warranty makes them awfully attractive if your hard on a bag.
BrentwoodBob
Preferred Company: 900 Global

Post by BrentwoodBob »

I have the 900 Global 3-ball with the over sized double wheels and think this is the best bag I have ever had and I have had a lot of bags over the years. The material and constuction is second to none and the zippers are very strong as well. Good Luck to you.
sluggo35

Post by sluggo35 »

i have the 900 global 3 ball bag and its holding up well i like the soft rubber wheels. very well made.
rmack
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 000
Sport Average: 2
Positive Axis Point: 5.OOO by .25 up
Speed: 17ish @ foul line
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 80
Heavy Oil Ball: Panda solid
Medium Oil Ball: incog pearl
Light Oil Ball: bonus pearl
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by rmack »

I've sold a good couple dozen of Mo's bags for him over the last couple of seasons.

Well built, no issues, looks sweet.

https://www.morichbowling.com/OnLineSho ... eOrder.asp , half way down the page.
Ron Machniak
http://www.precisionbowlingproshop.com
MoRich/Innovative Bowling Advanced Certified Technician
Radical Bowling Pro Shop Advisory Staff
Ibpsia Certified Tech, USBC Bronze Coach
ljocampo
Heavy Oil Ball: RotoGrip Mutant Cell Pearl
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Natural
Preferred Company: RotoGrip

Post by ljocampo »

JrFreak wrote:Hi all. Time for a new 3-ball bag. The last one I had was pretty much junk. I can't remember the brand. I think I got it at K-Mart... Brunswick maybe? Anyways, it was junk. The axle eventually broken out of the plastic housing. I had to get a guy at work to fab frame out of aluminum and I bolted it on the inside to the handle rails. That gave it a 3 more years of life, but now it needs to be put to rest.

What's a good / durable bag? I'm a Storm guy now and wanted to go for the Rolling Thunder, but wanted to make sure it was durable.

Any thoughts? Price isn't that big of an issue. I'll pay more now if I can get a few more years out of it.

Thanks,
I own this triple roller "Brunswick Flash" and it's the best bag I got (5 bags). It has strong molded plastic ball holders that are part of the framing. Lots and lots of room in the ball compartment but the balls stay in place, and several other zippered accessary compartments. Everything about this bag says quality. The big wheels are great too. Strong durable materials. I think you can't get a better bag, especially at this price. It's a steal.

http://www.bowlingball.com/brunswick-fl ... g-bag.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mmaloney23
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 5 5/8 - 1 1/4 up
Speed: 16 off han
Rev Rate: 260
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 70
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv Cruel C-51 / Raw Hammer Jacked / C System 3.5
Medium Oil Ball: Motiv Recon RX-1 / Raw Hammer Toxic
Light Oil Ball: Storm Natural / Motiv Recon rx-1
Preferred Company: Motiv / Hammer

Post by mmaloney23 »

i bought a bag called yellow jacket made by elite and i have had it for a year and a half now and it sweet. durable. large roller blade like wheel not lack plastic, great pocket space, check out elite bags.