Storm Thunder Tape Equivalent

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Storm Thunder Tape Equivalent

Post by Dustin » December 17th, 2020, 9:41 pm

Seen Storm quit caring their Thunder Tape (black) by the roll. Does Vise happen to carry something close. The guys that liked this had tried the Turbo beige and didn't like the lack of adhesion compared to the Storm brand. Also, does Vise happen to have a scale that shows the difference in the protection tape that they carry in roll form? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

gbabione
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/4 x 3/8 up
Speed: 19
Rev Rate: 400
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 80
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: Storm Thunder Tape Equivalent

Post by gbabione » February 22nd, 2021, 2:27 pm

I have always had problems with tape and New Skin sticking to my thumb. Nothing I tried would stay on longer than a few Frames. I have been using any brand of super glue. Two years, someone let me try some Genesis Excel Performance tape. Even after a league night and a shower, this tape doesn't even start to come off. When I peel it off, it is still stuck on really good.

Ryster

Post by Ryster » February 22nd, 2021, 9:21 pm

Motiv Flex Tape is also amazing stuff (I think it is the same as the Genesis Excel tape, actually). I was using Genesis Excel red, but switched to Motiv Flex black simply because I liked the colors better. Performance, adhesion, and durability is identical.

TheJesus
Speed: 17mph (foul line)
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12

Post by TheJesus » February 26th, 2021, 6:57 pm

To me nothing i tried sticks. The best thing i found so far is athletic tape (kinesiology type) but in the summer i still have to put a long piece that goes back to my wrist, and there i wrap my wrist with some cheaper tape. This makes the thumb tape be firm on both ends (nail of the thumb and wrist).
Check out my bowling related YouTube channel ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cTYc ... Eynuk0qdIw :mrgreen:

magicmike
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4-1/2"> 3/4"^
Speed: 17 off my hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Jackal Ghost, Forge Flare
Medium Oil Ball: Forge Fire, Jackal Flash, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: Supra, Desert Tank
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by magicmike » March 4th, 2021, 2:45 pm

The Pre-cut Vise HADA thumb tape sticks a lot better than the roll, and I don't know why. I've been using the red stuff on my thumb for 10 years or so now and have no issues with it sticking. Always start it on your thumb nail and rub it a bit then pull back over the rest of your thumb. I've never had it come off during tournament play. YMMV.