LANE #1 calls it quits!

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

LANE #1 calls it quits!

Post by bowl1820 »

Posted on Facebook by Lane #1:

"Hello Sawheads and all past Lane #1 customers. I've come here to announce, to many of you's dismay (and some elated), that on our 25th Anniversary month, Lane #1 will officially be shutting down for a while, until new blood steps up to continue the brand, as it's time to pass the torch.

It's been a wonderful 25 years, with the pleasure of seeing so many bowlers bowl their first 300 game, first 800 series, highest series, first tournament win, increase their average by over 20 pins, winning the most money, first average over 200, etc., etc... All the success stories over the years is what put and/or kept a smile on my face, making me strive to bring better products to the bowling industry.

I want you all to know that I enjoyed every minute giving you all advice on drilling layouts and/or ball recommendations, but the time has come for me to move on to bigger and better things in life, as the bowling industry has left me out to dry, so to speak.

So with all that said, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday season and let's all pray that someone steps up to the plate to keep Lane #1 going strong into the future.

In the meantime, I'll be working on opening up Club 11, next to Strike n Spare lanes, home of this years Bowlers Journal tournament at the USBC Nationals here in Syracuse, so please stop in and say hello if you're coming into town..? Ciao for now..."
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: LANE #1 calls it quits!

Post by MegaMav »

He had mentioned it in passing on someone else's post on facebook about a month ago.
I have no real opinion on it.
I think you'll be seeing more of the niche brands going away as the bigger brands dominate the market.

Thanks for posting it.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

MegaMav wrote:I think you'll be seeing more of the niche brands going away as the bigger brands dominate the market.
I heard recently that Visionary is done also.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
Phoenix843
Preferred Company: Seismic/900 global

Post by Phoenix843 »

I agree. I just was having a conversation about visionary and how are they still pouring last week. It's just tough for them to make it. With storm buying 900global there aren't a lot of places for niche companies to pour now. Take that with just about all the bigger brands putting out much better products than a few years ago and the average bowler wanting to put their 200$ into a name they trust I doubt we will see the smaller brands as much.
Bahshay

Post by Bahshay »

bowl1820 wrote: I've come here to announce, to many of you's dismay (and some elated)
That quote says it all about why Lane 1 is out of business. Always Ritchie against the world.

Why would anyone be elated? Lane 1 fans are sad, non-Lane 1 fans are totally indifferent.
PAP- 4 1/8 over, 3/4 up
Speed - 17-18 monitor
Rev Rate - 475
Rotation - 65
Tilt - 12