Never Quit

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

pjape

Never Quit

Post by pjape »

My anchor never ceases to amaze me. Last night in game one, he rolled the worst game I've ever witnessed from him. After missing four ten pins, including one right after a missed washout and one in the 10th, his score was a dismal 138. What did he do in game three? Only came back with a 290 game.

If I would have rolled a 138 to start, mentally I would have been done for the night. It just goes to show you if you keep a good attitude, amazing things can happen.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Never Quit

Post by MegaMav »

pjape wrote:My anchor never ceases to amaze me. Last night in game one, he rolled the worst game I've ever witnessed from him. After missing four ten pins, including one right after a missed washout and one in the 10th, his score was a dismal 138. What did he do in game three? Only came back with a 290 game.

If I would have rolled a 138 to start, mentally I would have been done for the night. It just goes to show you if you keep a good attitude, amazing things can happen.
"Don't give up, don't ever give up."

[youtube][/youtube]

RobMautner
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Preferred Company: No Preference

Re: Never Quit

Post by RobMautner »

On the other side of the coin, last week during position round, my team had won the first two games. The league is bowled in a center that puts down 25' of head oil before evening leagues, leaving the last 35' however they happen to be after the entire days play of morning leagues and open play. The condition is challenging to say the least, and changes very rapidly. By the end of the last game, I was playing very deep (for me) with a non-aggressive symmetrical ball. I could get it to the pocket, but I couldn't carry the ten. In an effort to help my team to win the game, I made a ball change to something more aggressive, and moved even deeper. It didn't work! I opened in the last two frames, and we lost the game by 11 pins. The moral of the story: sometimes you just have to accept that the lanes are only giving you just so much, and try not to lose, rather than trying too hard to win.