Board index » General Forums » General Bowling

Post subject: Never Quit
 Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:35 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
My anchor never ceases to amaze me. Last night in game one, he rolled the worst game I've ever witnessed from him. After missing four ten pins, including one right after a missed washout and one in the 10th, his score was a dismal 138. What did he do in game three? Only came back with a 290 game.

If I would have rolled a 138 to start, mentally I would have been done for the night. It just goes to show you if you keep a good attitude, amazing things can happen.

Post subject: Re: Never Quit
 Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:26 pm Post Number: #2 Post

Reputation Power: 10
pjape wrote:
My anchor never ceases to amaze me. Last night in game one, he rolled the worst game I've ever witnessed from him. After missing four ten pins, including one right after a missed washout and one in the 10th, his score was a dismal 138. What did he do in game three? Only came back with a 290 game.

If I would have rolled a 138 to start, mentally I would have been done for the night. It just goes to show you if you keep a good attitude, amazing things can happen.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."

“When you prepare for everything, you’re ready for anything.” - Bill Walsh

Post subject: Re: Never Quit
 Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:01 pm Post Number: #3 Post
Certified Coach

Reputation Power: 1
On the other side of the coin, last week during position round, my team had won the first two games. The league is bowled in a center that puts down 25' of head oil before evening leagues, leaving the last 35' however they happen to be after the entire days play of morning leagues and open play. The condition is challenging to say the least, and changes very rapidly. By the end of the last game, I was playing very deep (for me) with a non-aggressive symmetrical ball. I could get it to the pocket, but I couldn't carry the ten. In an effort to help my team to win the game, I made a ball change to something more aggressive, and moved even deeper. It didn't work! I opened in the last two frames, and we lost the game by 11 pins. The moral of the story: sometimes you just have to accept that the lanes are only giving you just so much, and try not to lose, rather than trying too hard to win.

Board index » General Forums » General Bowling