USBC Praise line

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

USBC Praise line

Post by kajmk »

Start the list add to it.

Edited to add link to USBC Gripe line.
posting.php?mode=edit&f=3&p=85302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by kajmk on September 13th, 2015, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Dr NO
THS Average: 207

Re: USBC Praise line

Post by Dr NO »

USBC Bowling Academy

Yes, there's the free videos and the premium videos... and yeah, the premium vids cost $$$ but I have to say, I'm impressed. I've found their videos to be quite informative.
==
Dr NO
Viper
THS Average: 199
Sport Average: 172
Positive Axis Point: 5 x 1/2 up
Speed: 15 at the foul line
Rev Rate: 315
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 45
Medium Oil Ball: 14 lbs. Hammer Raw Orange/Black Hybrid

Post by Viper »

The annual rule book. If we didn't have that we'd be truly lost.
Left-handed
PAP 5 x 1/2 up
Tilt: 15*
Rot: 45*
Rev: 315
Speed: 15 at the camera
Bowlaholic
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by Bowlaholic »

Thank God for the annual USBC sanction fee. WHY? This summer my wife and I bowled in a unsanctioned mixed league. To be brief it was the league from HELL! No vote on the weekly fee (house charged $3 more per week than the same fall league which is sanctioned). No vote on the prize fund (the house set the weekly fee and kept 70% for themselves, 30% for the prize fund). Made up rules during the league. The first week a person on the opposing team shot at the ten pin , it went in the gutter bounced out a hit the ten pin knocking it over. I went to the monitor to correct the score and was promptly informed the league allows it to be counted as a spare. Bowlers fouled at the line with no foul penalty. When I complained to the house, their answer was most of these bowlers are out for a fun evening and aren't serious bowlers. No pin penalty (blind) for not showing up. Used full average. The house called one night to inform us the next league night was cancelled, because someone wanted the alley for a large party and there would not be enough lanes left for the league. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the drift.
So the next time someone asks what they get for the USBC sanction fee........the answer is SANITY!
Bahshay

Post by Bahshay »

I have to agree with bowlaholic. USBC is an easy punching bag (and often deservedly so), but it'd be chaos to rely on unsanctioned leagues.

I haven't seen anything to the extent of what bowlaholic has seen, probably because I haven't been in a league that casual. But we certainly had our share of people showing up late, subbing disputes, etc. the league rules have to be VERY clear in an unsanctioned league, because any loop hole ends up being taken advantage of (whether accidentally or otherwise), and then you're stuck.

I suppose every loophole is taken advantage of in sanctioned leagues too, but at least there's rules and protections in place.

There, I've said everything nice about the USBC I can say. :lol:
PAP- 4 1/8 over, 3/4 up
Speed - 17-18 monitor
Rev Rate - 475
Rotation - 65
Tilt - 12