Vice thumb

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

breezeaire
Preferred Company: storm

Vice thumb

Post by breezeaire »

grip

OK so think it is the vice it.

has a black outer casing and small white interlock at bottom.

This is for my 14 yr old girl, first ever finger tip ball

The insert broke, barely 3 weeks. Now I have had same crap in my ball that also broke but was told it was fixed. My later balls worked great but think they went to other company.

Main thing that got me was he said she is bowling over the thumb hole, which will break it?

Uhhh how does she also prevent hitting pins dead on at thumb hole?

Also I mentioned it seemed raised a lot, plus one finger tip was too. After he super glued it all back he made the top less raised.

How do I get my girl a pro shop guy that isnt going to be bias. He even said his girl was on same high school club (other school)
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Re: Vice thumb

Post by Dustin »

Welcome! If you are looking for a different Pro Shop just post your location or click on the "Map" button on top of the page and there maybe someone close to you that can help.
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
breezeaire
Preferred Company: storm

Post by breezeaire »

I called Vice company but the tech guy didn't call back. Likely off now for Holiday.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing that the Vice interchangeable thumb grip will break because the ball rolling over it? It was raised a bit when brand new (4ish weeks ago) but after he glued it back together I can see he has shaved it more flush to ball.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

breezeaire wrote:I called Vice company but the tech guy didn't call back. Likely off now for Holiday.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing that the Vice interchangeable thumb grip will break because the ball rolling over it? It was raised a bit when brand new (4ish weeks ago) but after he glued it back together I can see he has shaved it more flush to ball.
I keep mine about 1/32" lower than the edge of the thumb-hole with a very beveled edge around the hole. The first ball slugs broke easier than the later ones. The 1/2" plastic is not attached to the "Ball It" (after you place it in the ball, you have to run a rod down the shaft to set it). I have not had any break since they came out with that change. The first ones were pre-glued together & if the 1/2" hole was not aligned perfectly with the thumb pitch, you had a weak spot.
Pulsetech
THS Average: 222
Positive Axis Point: 5 over 1/2 up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 500
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Guru
Medium Oil Ball: Score
Light Oil Ball: Grease Monkey
Preferred Company: Storm /Radical

Post by Pulsetech »

Sounds like it was not installed properly.
Greg Robertson.

Right Handed
New stats as of 10/3/16
18 MPH at the line
Rev Rate 500
Axis Rotation 40 - 90
Axis Tilt - 14
PAP - 5" over, 1/2 up
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Agreeing with all of the above. It should NOT break.
You got bad service and a bad answer.

WELCOME to the forum, please consider adding your First name to your forum signature.

Hey folks if you know of a Pro Shop you would recommend no matter where. If they are not on the Map please put them there.
If you do not want to put them for whatever reason, if you post the information.
I will put them on the map. Seriously.
Lets get all the deserving Professionals on the map, it's the right thing to do.

While her release needs to be developed, that attitude is balderdash and bad business.

For her development, if she wants to improve.
1) have her roll her natural shot down the middle of the lane over the middle arrow.
When the ball comes back, look at the oil rings. See where they are. If she is rolling a resin ball, be aware that they absorb oil quickly.
Keeping them clean is essential. That's a major topic. You will find a lot on the forum.
2) Look at this forum thread. There is a lot of relevant information there about developing some sound fundamentals.
There is a quote from Greg Helms on teaching the release for new folks. It is an excellent method!!
Look at the bit on Footwork - Footwork and Arm swing are intricately related.

I forgot to add the link - just edited in
Forgive me, I'm in my Pyrite years.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9841&hilit=helms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The release is the centerpiece of the jigsaw puzzle (Mark Baker - excellent analogy)
Do the fundamentals right and a good release will be facilitated.

I do tend to talk too much. I'm know as Chief Running Mouth in some circles.

If and when you are interested, I can give you more references.
Why someone else's words, well because they know and they have taken the time to wordsmith and edit their articles. EVERYONE learned something from others ...

So lets see if she is amenable to change. To change successfully, one has to want to and to empty their cup so to speak.
When she is ready, lets have at it.
If you can, work with a local coach that has a proven track record.
Person to person is the best way to go.

Gotta run, just read your post and thought I'd offer a few tidbits.

Take care
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John