Idea analysis

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

Enyaw10483
Preferred Company: Storm

Idea analysis

Post by Enyaw10483 »

Hi all,

I am new to the forum but posted on another one which has dried up. I have learned a lot in past posting videos and This is my most recent video

[youtube][/youtube]

On my backswing I’m turning my wrist and trying to figure how to prevent that. Also learning to slide (all my life bowling I never slid)
Maybe look to work on balance
Appreciate any help/advice. I will be out practicing next week with multiple angles and hope to post them on here.

Approx ball speed is 13.5-14 , revs around 350 That’s all the info I really have.

Arsenal is RG hyper cell skid, hyroad, and crux.

Thanks,
Wayne
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Idea analysis

Post by kajmk »

Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum.
Just a few tidbits for now.

Jim Merrell, our resident Coaching Guru has instructions on preparing video for analysis. The wiki link for preparing a video set for analysis is included below.
A side view will help analyze timing.
Your timing can dictate what and why you do things.
Physical trainer Jeff Cavilere says that our bodies are masters of compensation, that is often the reason for those moves and looks we don't plan on.

Video Capture Coaching Guidelines

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... e_Coaching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

When was the last time you had your grip checked at your pro-shop?
This short video with coach Ron Hoppe might interest you.

Has Short Test To Check Thumb Pitch

[youtube][/youtube]

This video set might also be of interest to you.
Like timing, footwork is a major influence on your game.

Several Drills From Kegel
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ence_video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take care.
Last edited by kajmk on February 19th, 2019, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Enyaw10483
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by Enyaw10483 »

Thank you for the information. I actually just went to a new pro shop a few months ago and had to redo my grip on my equipment due to it not being right. I will be practicing this weekend and plan to have side angles to share. Thank you for the links too I will certainly check them out.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

You are quite welcome, Wayne.

Look in on those Kegel Drills. Your balance issues are your brains self defense mechanism at work.

Later on when you have furnished the rear and side few, Coachs can review and determine the root causes and make recommendations. That is treat cause instead of symptoms.

Many years ago, as a result of a hand injury, I had to learn how to bowl from the other side.
I quickly realized, I needed to break things down into parts so as not to kill myself on the lanes.

If you have a little time, look at the ETBF video, there is a link on the wiki, but the following link starts at their discussion of the physical game. There is a bit on cause and effect there,
timing will ease or impede your endeavor. A good approach is more of a glide than a grind.

Part 2 Of ETBF Coaching with Focus On Timing

[youtube][/youtube]

Check out this forum thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14032&p=109836&hilit=Helms#p109836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John