Updated 11-14-18: Feedback on my shot

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

ModernGame

Updated 11-14-18: Feedback on my shot

Post by ModernGame »

Updated shot: I have been trying to implement the advice you all have given me. I have been trying especially hard to shorten my fourth (power) step to get my timing more in order. I apologize for the poor side view as I had no one to film for me and had to prop up my phone to get the videos. Analyzing myself, I still feel like my swing may go too far behind me in the backswing. I also feel as if I'm still early in my timing but it is difficult to tell without good video analysis software. I'd love to know how different my old shot looks in comparison to my current shot from an outsider's perspective. I also am having trouble with lane play; my house is dry as a bone during league this year and even using a way less reactive ball has not allowed me to play further right on the lane. I've also attached a shot of my ball's roll for analysis of its axis rotation and tilt. From my perspective, I have a higher axis tilt but possibly not enough axis rotation, which is causing my ball to begin transitioning too soon. What do you guys think?

Back views:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... xx9u9-xI7d
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... z59qOLUIoq

Poor side views (hopefully it is good enough to evaluate my timing):
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... PnXDk0yKdW
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... FFp13bABEc

View of ball roll (is the axis rotation too low?):
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 6AJs5GXyAZ
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... lGEKh3geDf

Some back story on why I'm unsure of my ball roll. This footage was taken in a different house that had a normal-seeming house pattern. My line of play for this footage was over the 13th board to a breakpoint of the 7th board down lane. At the center where I bowl league I have to start the night playing over the 20th board and imagine I am trying to project the ball into the gutter next to the 10 pin because the ball begins hooking way before where the oil pattern supposedly ends. By the end of league I am playing gutter to gutter and still hit the pins high quite often. The ball is a hustle ink with a standard pin up layout, I don't believe I should have to play that deep on a house shot, thus I'm wondering if I need to try to learn to increase axis rotation to delay the reaction of the ball.

Here is the shot I posted a few months ago that you all provided feedback for:

back view:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... rXYWS/view

Side view:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 7dUFZ/view
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20