how to pick for national team

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

Kiani
Preferred Company: 900Global

how to pick for national team

Post by Kiani »

Dear All coaches.

I have a question and as always it would be highly appreciated if you would help out.

We are dividing our bowling community into 3 segment Group A, B and C

The point is to categorize this community so that they could start learning and progressing.

Group A: is a Group that the national team will be chosen from, we are looking for the most important factors here which are:

1-) Swing

2-)Timing

3-) Release

4-) reading lanes

they need to have professional ball and equipment

Group B: are the ones that have the professional equipment but they lack the Technic if they want to come to group A they need to work and learn.

Group C: they are the new comers they do not possess the professional equipment and they also do not know the Technic.

Now having explained the order of our group my question is that how to pick for the national team what would be your idea in this regard

*) are they going to pass test for those important factors if so please advise what kind of test YOU would take from them?

*) are we going to score them in details like breaking down the swing in segments and giving specific score for each segment and then the total score will tell us?

*) Is there a specific check list in your minds if so please share.

*) what would DO if you were to pick the National team ??

Please let me know so that I could sum up your ideas and bring it into our bowling federation.

I thank you each and every one of you for helping out and I am looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
HAKiani
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: how to pick for national team

Post by bowl1820 »

A article that might be of interest is Joe Slowinski's

Determining your International Bowling Skill Score Number
http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/sto ... _ibssn.pdf

Excerpt:
In 2000, the World Tenpin Bowling Association’s Technical Committee defined what characterized the best bowler. From this committee, they defined a skilled bowler as one who possesses versatility, accuracy, power, repeatability and knowledge.

Using this definition, I categorized the assessment into the following four domains: accuracy, versatility, repeatability and power. Each domain has two to four skill sets, for a total of 10 measurable areas of a bowler’s skill. These are consistent with the WTBA definition of a skilled bowler and technology tools are available to assess bowlers in these areas.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
Kiani
Preferred Company: 900Global

Re: how to pick for national team

Post by Kiani »

bowl1820 wrote:A article that might be of interest is Joe Slowinski's

Determining your International Bowling Skill Score Number
http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/sto ... _ibssn.pdf

Excerpt:
In 2000, the World Tenpin Bowling Association’s Technical Committee defined what characterized the best bowler. From this committee, they defined a skilled bowler as one who possesses versatility, accuracy, power, repeatability and knowledge.

Using this definition, I categorized the assessment into the following four domains: accuracy, versatility, repeatability and power. Each domain has two to four skill sets, for a total of 10 measurable areas of a bowler’s skill. These are consistent with the WTBA definition of a skilled bowler and technology tools are available to assess bowlers in these areas.

Thank you for the info very interesting points to consider thanx for sharing