Looking for advice

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

brich
Preferred Company: Storm

Looking for advice

Post by brich »

I haven't followed your guidelines for posting exactly as I should since this is the only video I have, but was hoping you could take a quick look anyway. Have be trying to incorporate lateral tilt into my game, was in the habit of being to upright. Swing would loop around my hip in both directions. Have managed to introduce tilt early, by just beginning steps and leaning to the ball side, not sure if it's considered excessive. But most if not all tilt is gone and shoulders square to the foul line by the time I begin my slide. Slowed approach speed hoping I could maintain position easier. I have been practicing the foul line drill over the past week or so and can maintain tilt so that the ball is under my head. Would welcome anyone's suggestions and comments if what I am doing is helpful. Thank you in advance

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by brich on March 24th, 2017, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittleTiger

Re: Looking for advice

Post by LittleTiger »

First of all. I'm not coach so these comments are my personal opinions.

For me that video looks like that you are trying too hard to get that lateral tilt incorporated.

I guess that another video where you would line you legs to 10 pin on start position and try keep them like that would be useful. You can also try drop your right shoulder as much you can on start position, that should help to get lateral tilt.

And last but not least. I would recommended that you try keep you backswing on shoulder level or even below that when training.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Looking for advice

Post by TonyPR »

Hello, sorry for the delayed response. Why do you do your first steps with your feet pointing right? Bowling is about repeating shots and the more moving parts we put into our approach the harder it is to repeat, I suggest that you align your hips and chest towards your target at address, in order to do that your feet can't be pointed to the side at the extreme angle you do. To set your lateral spine tilt stand at address, hips and chest aligned with your target and put the ball on the floor next to your right foot, insert your fingers and pick it up leaving your arm straight, get your knees up to your starting position height. This will give you an idea of what lateral spine tilt is, it is a good idea you keep this tilt from address to release, it may increase a bit but don't think about it.

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/sto ... 20dyds.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read the above article and study the videos below:

Your backswing height is fine as long as it is natural and not forced.
Good luck, keep us posted and remember to have fun.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent