Balance arm / torso

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

ballspoint
Speed: 20 mph off the hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 70

Re: Balance arm / torso

Post by ballspoint »

Thanks guys for your comments, i started this post not because i dont understand bowling, its the terms some coachs use but dont understand what they are really saying or what it means. One coach used the word power and a flick of his hand to indicate that bit of magic it will give you at the moment of release. The student thinks he knows what he means then probably muscles the ball to give it the 'power'. I get what yous have written in your comments above thank you, Its just interpreting them to what it means to you/me. i hope this also helps others who have read the posts. I like to question whats being taught, it makes the coach talk to you so it can be understood. Then there is no miss-understanding. Thanks again.
R/H, 20 mph off hand. 250 Revs.
11* Tilt. 70* Rotation. 5 5/8 x 1"up
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Balance arm / torso

Post by TonyPR »

Coach-athlete communication is very important, it is the coach's job to find words and analogies that can make click to the athlete, sometimes it may take a few tries. It is an athlete's responsibility to find a qualified coach, ask for credentials, many high average bowlers try to coach but many don't know what they are doing, a certification be it USBC, ETBF etc is a good starting point.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent