Board index » Coaching Forums » Community Coaching

Post subject: Re: Balance arm / torso
 Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 am Post Number: #21 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Thanks guys for your comments, i started this post not because i dont understand bowling, its the terms some coachs use but dont understand what they are really saying or what it means. One coach used the word power and a flick of his hand to indicate that bit of magic it will give you at the moment of release. The student thinks he knows what he means then probably muscles the ball to give it the 'power'. I get what yous have written in your comments above thank you, Its just interpreting them to what it means to you/me. i hope this also helps others who have read the posts. I like to question whats being taught, it makes the coach talk to you so it can be understood. Then there is no miss-understanding. Thanks again.

Post subject: Re: Balance arm / torso
 Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:23 am Post Number: #22 Post
Certified Coach

Reputation Power: 2
Coach-athlete communication is very important, it is the coach's job to find words and analogies that can make click to the athlete, sometimes it may take a few tries. It is an athlete's responsibility to find a qualified coach, ask for credentials, many high average bowlers try to coach but many don't know what they are doing, a certification be it USBC, ETBF etc is a good starting point.

Board index » Coaching Forums » Community Coaching