Some recent practice session shots

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafiki50289
Preferred Company: Storm

Some recent practice session shots

Post by Rafiki50289 »

[youtube][/youtube]

The first two shots are a couple of days prior to the second two. I was working on keeping my trail leg down in order to minimize spine tilt to lengthen my flat spot. I value people's opinions and insight. Thank you.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Some recent practice session shots

Post by TonyPR »

Not bad, first I would like you to check on what board are you sliding (inside edge of slide shoe) and how does it compare to where you start. Are you drifting a bit right into the balls path at release? Also, check if your hips are aligned with your launch angle, they seem a bit too open. Don't force your release, let it happen you seem too have a good "modern style" release, if you try to force it your head will move at release and you will lose some accuracy. You could also use your balance arm a bit more to add power to your shot, it is a bit too quiet but hey, overall your physical game does not look bad at all. Are you working with a certified coach in your area? If not you should as you got talent and seem willing to work at improving your game. Hope this helps.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
2y2
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8 and 3/8 over
Speed: 17 mph
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 10º
Axis Rotation: 45º
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm CodeX
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick Python
Light Oil Ball: Pitch Blue
Preferred Company: None

Re: Some recent practice session shots

Post by 2y2 »

Minimize spine tilt? why? I don't think that has to be with your flatspot. Want more flatspot? Slide longer. You have an amazing release. What I see is that after you compress the third step you start pulling the ball up, it is evident because your head moves to the left, look at your position at the top of your swing, your head is not in line with your shot nor the ball. You should keep your head always outside of your hip so avoid pulling up with your shoulder and move your head to the right in your third step and keep it there.

If you think I helped, please click on the "+" button, Thanks.