Next Coaching Session

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Next Coaching Session

Post by krava »

I am setting an apointment for next week with the coach guy if I can make it. There are a few things I want to cover. I am trying to learn how to throw the ball between 2nd and 3rd arrow. When I bowl like a stroker, then I can do pretty well with hitting my target out there at 12 or wherever. The problem I might have is I don't throw the ball out to the "exit point". I tend to be inside my exit point. I can throw it to the exit point, but if I do, I will probably drift my feet too far right and end up throwing the ball over the 2nd arrow instead of 12. Another thing I am having severe Major trouble. We are talking major trouble 0/10 shots. 0% average. Is Throwing the ball like a tweener or power tweener and throwing the ball between 10-15. I think I might be swining my arm out to the right instead of straight. When throwing the ball like a tweener, I have to start with the ball cocked and my hand sort of twisted. Then when the ball is at my feet in the downswing, I rotate my fingers counter clockwise out of the ball and pull through the ball to put revs on it. When doing that I might be pulling my shoulder to the right.

Another thing I need to work on is recognizing bad ball motion. This is when you throw the ball into the pocket and the ball hits like a marshmellow and bounces and leaves the 10. I bowled today and also thursday and didn't even pay attention once to where the ball ended up at the pin deck. I have got to concentrate better on that.

So what I have in mind is taking 6 balls or whatever. I will take each ball and figure out where to line up with that particular ball in such a way that the ball has good ball motion to the pins. I will throw a shot, tell the coach guy what I think of it and what I should do. If I am wrong he can correct me and give me advice. Anyone ever did that?
ChrisTan
Positive Axis Point: TBD soon
Speed: TBD soon
Axis Tilt: TBD
Axis Rotation: TBD

Re: Next Coaching Session

Post by ChrisTan »

If I ever go to a coach, i'd have him teach me right from the start
Chris
spr3wr
Certified Coach
Certified Coach

Re: Next Coaching Session

Post by spr3wr »

Make sure in your set up and at the release point you are facing your break point . Most people when moving deeper don't adjust the feet and hips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None active - USBC Bronze level coach
Dick Ritger level 1 coach
2 300 games
1 800 series
High average 223
Coaching with pros in clinics since 2004