The Complete Modern Game of Bowling by Mohamed Janahi

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

Trojanz

The Complete Modern Game of Bowling by Mohamed Janahi

Post by Trojanz »

From the European Tenpin Bowling Federation ETBF perspective. I think this is outstanding video based on many of the concepts taught at ETBF.[youtube][/youtube]
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Re: The Complete Modern Game of Bowling by Mohamed Janahi

Post by Dustin »

Great video!! Can someone with more computer skills please add this with the other ETBF video on a page in the wiki. I really need to learn how to do more in the wiki.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

Dustin wrote:Great video!! Can someone with more computer skills please add this with the other ETBF video on a page in the wiki. I really need to learn how to do more in the wiki.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd be thrilled if more would contribute.
Here are some guides:

Tags/Markups:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_markup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How to edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;: ... dit_a_page

Complete editing guide:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Conte" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... _Wikipedia

You can also view the source by editing to understand how to use the tags.
Also, when you are logged in you'll see the editing toolbar, most is highlight and click.
PM me with any questions please.
I've tried to be more hands off with the wiki for a while now to get more community contributions, but there hasnt been much traction. PM me with any good quality materials you would like added, I'll be happy to do it. It seems not many want to go thru the effort to learn how to add material, but it would go a long way if more put in the effort to learn how. Its not that difficult with how we have it set up.
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Post by Dustin »

Added to wiki.
I'll try and step up and add a few more things, not the fastest yet but I think I can handle the job.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... hing_Video
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
deanchamp
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
THS Average: 220

Post by deanchamp »

I hope the video stays up, but I've got a feeling he's going to run into some copyright issues with the footage that has been used.
USBC Silver Level Coach
BCU Graduate - Mastery of Layouts
BTM contributor
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

I've dabbled on the wiki. Following Eric's instructions.
Key thoughts, copy original and keep a local backup (text doc with the original code)
Test via your own area as detailed by Eric.

Don't be afraid. If you are skilled enough to logon, you can successfully contribute to the wiki.

I've copied the following from a post by Jim Merrell
Key points: FREE software to download YOUTUBE to your own machine; also one for motion analysis.

So if you see one you want ...

Here is Jim Merrell's post from

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11049&hilit=Motion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John,
My list of analysis tools.

1) YTD video downloader…….I use this exclusively to down load videos from youtube for video analysis on this site.

a) Cost: free
b) Pros: cost and also has an option to convert video from one format to another.
c) Cons: ad to update to Pro version frequently appears upon opening the software.
d) Requirements: Computer with Windows operating environment
e) Input/output: accepts many types of files

2) Kinovea……….motion analysis software.

a) Cost: free
b) Pros: cost, also translates into 16 different languages. Multiple capture and playback screens.
c) Cons: none
d) Requirements: Computer with Windows operating environment
e) Input/ output: Down load file directly from folder or from camera.

In addition to items #1 & #2 above, I use Microsoft Powerpoint and Photoshop Elements (to enhance some of the lower grade videos submitted) for all the video analysis I do on this site.

3) Coach'sEye………I use this software on Ipad and Iphone for individual and group lessons

a) Cost; $4.99
b) Pros: easy to use, great support, good tool package, always updating software options
c) Cons: as with most video the camera’s sensitivity to low light is the eliminating factor. I find Ipad to be the best for my use in most centers (some centers lighting is like being in a cave unfortunately).
d) Requirements: Android or Apple product. I find the Ipad Air and newer versions camera better than the Android devices I’ve used.
e) Input /output: Directly from devices camera, also can import via the cloud, dropbox, etc

A big thanks to Thomas (Nsane on this site) for introducing the members of Bowlingchat to Kinovea.

and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Post by Dustin »

deanchamp wrote:I hope the video stays up, but I've got a feeling he's going to run into some copyright issues with the footage that has been used.
Thanks for the heads up! Maybe a good to anyone interested in it to download the video. ;)
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

― Neil deGrasse Tyson