Drifiting with your feet. Starting to stop on approach

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Drifiting with your feet. Starting to stop on approach

Post by krava »

The coach I had for an hour told me one of the immediate things that is wrong with my game is that I drift too much. From what he say I drift and average of 10 boards. The problem is my 2nd step. My 2nd step doesn't go straight infront of my other foot and it goes to the side. This starts me off 5 boards wrong from the start.

What is an acceptable amount of boards to drift before this is considered a bad problem? He told me that because I drift, that can cause me to pull my arm to the side trying to throw the ball at the target.

Also how is the best way to fix this? Bascially figure the board that you start out on. If I am a right hand I look at my left foot and see lets say it is on board 20. Then put a piece of paper down at the foul line on board 20. Then just continue to practice walking up and down the straight line making sure that I cross my right foot over my left foot on the 2nd step etc? When I try this it feels a bit weird and my balance is kind of off.
ads
THS Average: 205
Positive Axis Point: 5 5/8 up 3/4
Speed: 14 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 60

Re: Drifiting with your feet. Starting to stop on approach

Post by ads »

See if this helps

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11388&hilit=drift" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adrian
Right handed
PAP: 5 1/8 up 3/4
Speed: 15.5 mph (Kegel Specto)
Rev: 350 RPM
Axis tilt: 18-20*
Axis rotation: 60*