Speed Dominant?

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

flibblesh
Preferred Company: Radical

Speed Dominant?

Post by flibblesh »

I've estimated my speed to be about 17mph, but I can't accurately get an idea of the revs, would I be speed dominant based on this video? I'm working on keeping my hand behind the ball to bring my revs up but for now it looks like it's maybe 120rpm?

[youtube][/youtube]
Steven Bourgaize

Rev Rate: Roughly 300
Ball Weight: 15lb
PAP: Smear
Span: Teeny
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Speed Dominant?

Post by kajmk »

Fibblesh, a better camera angle will get you a better estimate.

This video on the WIKI gives you an idea of a good camera perspective.
Also be sure to add A PAP tape with a Rev tape, keep a 1 inch gap between the 2 tapes.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... t_%26_Revs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to see clear visible evidence of the PAP and revolutions.
Lighting and camera angle and shutter speed that will preclude blur are essential.

More
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How Joe Bowler can find their PAP see the Don Johnson and Richard Shockley references.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11183&hilit=pap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just for fun, this Bowler could create a great and side video for some coaching tips.

Take care.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
flibblesh

Post by flibblesh »

kajmk wrote:Fibblesh, a better camera angle will get you a better estimate.

This video on the WIKI gives you an idea of a good camera perspective.
Also be sure to add A PAP tape with a Rev tape, keep a 1 inch gap between the 2 tapes.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... t_%26_Revs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to see clear visible evidence of the PAP and revolutions.
Lighting and camera angle and shutter speed that will preclude blur are essential.

More
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How Joe Bowler can find their PAP see the Don Johnson and Richard Shockley references.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11183&hilit=pap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just for fun, this Bowler could create a great and side video for some coaching tips.

Take care.

I figured it wouldn't be feasible from this video, but also figured I'd try anyway. I've actually had a rear/side analysis done here, currently planning on uploading new ones on Monday for progress.

I'll also try and get a video for revs/pap, though it's only my phone recording so I'm not holding high hopes as far as blurring goes. Thanks for the videos/articles!
Steven Bourgaize

JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Post by JMerrell »

flibblesh wrote:I've estimated my speed to be about 17mph, but I can't accurately get an idea of the revs, would I be speed dominant based on this video? I'm working on keeping my hand behind the ball to bring my revs up but for now it looks like it's maybe 120rpm?
RPM rate probably closer to 200.........Slightly Speed Dominant to Speed Dominant.......depending on axis tilt and axis rotation

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... evRate.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

JMerrell wrote:
RPM rate probably closer to 200.........Slightly Speed Dominant to Speed Dominant.......depending on axis tilt and axis rotation

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... evRate.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You never cease to amaze me Jim.

Just another example of why you are perennially voted into Bowlers Journal International Top 100 coaches.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
flibblesh

Post by flibblesh »

JMerrell wrote:

Wahey, more than I thought. My tilt is pretty low, and my rotation only seems to be about 45 degrees, but I'll know better once I make a better video to measure it.
Steven Bourgaize