adjustments missed- help

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

judojim
Preferred Company: Brunswick

adjustments missed- help

Post by judojim »

last week it seemed ball reaction was very good, nice drive through the pins. However, i left the entire back row in the first game. Two solid 10's, then a 7, followed by an 8, finally the niner for the set.
I moved right, and left on the approach, changed targets a bit and eventually changed to a different ball for the second and third games. Anything else I should have tried?
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: adjustments missed- help

Post by MegaMav »

judojim wrote:last week it seemed ball reaction was very good, nice drive through the pins. However, i left the entire back row in the first game. Two solid 10's, then a 7, followed by an 8, finally the niner for the set.
I moved right, and left on the approach, changed targets a bit and eventually changed to a different ball for the second and third games. Anything else I should have tried?
I think the ball may still be hooking when it hits the pins, instead of rolling.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

As Eric said, the ball may still be hooking at impact.
Two cents ...
Watch the path of the ball through the pins, too much deflection is a sign.
The hooking ball will not hit as hard as the rolling ball.
I bowled with some speed dominant bowler for years, very good player. In my opinion should have rolled many more honor scores even before resin. A nice blend of ACCURACY and power. I have not seen him in a while but I remember saying that when he got older, I expected more honor scores. He's over 50 now and it's happening. Could be coincidence could be other stuff.
During warm ups when the bowler before you leaves anything, tell them not to reset.
Shoot the vacant area of the deck, watch the ball.
In practice roll the ball too slow with tape on your PAP, learn to correlate PAP with grips position as a visual aide to help you see the transition from hook to roll. Use video in practice with a buddy videoing the ball to help you recognize the transitions.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
judojim
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Post by judojim »

Thanks for the input. I will add some surface and try again.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

MegaMav wrote:
I think the ball may still be hooking when it hits the pins, instead of rolling.
A graphic from the wiki
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... all_Motion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where this becomes insidious is when it's a matter of inches, time and distance make it harder to detect. That's why watching the ball path THROUGH the deck to the PIT is essential. Does it split the 8-9 gap ...

Cheers.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John