sad tale

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schif01
Preferred Company: Roto Grip

sad tale

Post by Schif01 »

Having a good night, 242 game 1 and 258 game 2. Can't miss in game 3, throw the first 10 in a row, little light on the 11th but it goes. 12th shot just a touch high and leaves 4 pin, 299 and, if you didn't see this coming, 799 series. No one knew whether to congratulate or console me.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: sad tale

Post by MegaMav »

It will fuel you for next time.
Good bowling, honor score or not.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Well, I will do both ...
Congratulations on the 299 and a very nice series.
This just shows that you can get there. The more you are in the neighborhood, the better you will deal with it and your confidence will build.
Knowing that you can, makes it easier.
Sometimes you bowl better than you score and sometimes it's the other way.

You can, and probably will get the 300 and the 800.

Cheers.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

Higher then I ever shot yet. If it were me I don't know what I would be thinking. I don't know how well you did the first 2 games. Did you miss a spare you could have gotten? The upside to this is that you know that your last 2 shots weren't perfect and had issues. One light one heavy. If you were thrown 2 perfect shots and then somehow left a 4 I would be more upset. I would also be upset if I missed an easy spare in the first 2 games I should have gotten. I don't think I would be down shooting that, that is real high and more then I ever gotten in league. I would have wished for that last pin. That last pin caused alot of problems. It prevented 2 scores. Since it wasn't a perfect shot I would try to forget about it. Most likely you got nervous like I have done and maybe rushed something and pulled the ball a bit left and it went high. Alot of people do it. I was mad at myself the other day. I put tape into the ball and everytime I threw at a spare i guess my thumb snagged and jerked the ball left. If I wouldn't have used any tape I would have gotten those 2. Because of that I shot 680 not 700.