Axis Tilt: 5
Axis Rotation: 55
Medium Oil Ball: storm IQ tour pearl
Light Oil Ball: rotogrip scream
Preferred Company: storm/roto grip

positive mental attitude

Post by kboveington »

hello everyone,

Just wanted to share some thoughts that have been on my mind lately. That i have been experiencing, also is something i know everyone can relate to currently or at some point of their bowling career, journey, however you would like to label it.

First of all if you throw a bad shot, or even a mediocre shot, 1 step further a shot where you weren't 100% sure that is was your best. You have no right to start complaining if the end result is not desired. Ive been seeing this a lot lately, and i as well have been guilty of doing this from time to time.

Now lets say you throw an excellent shot, and you do not strike or pick up the spare attempt. Sure you can be frustrated. My catch phrase is * well i can't throw it much better than that!*. while that may be true ( physically ) that is not what the lanes want from me. The game requires more from us then just performing physically.

The mental side of the game often overlooked by most, including myself at times. Lets do ourselves, and everyone around us a favor and try to stay more positive. All the negativity and complaining is a turn off, and it affects more then just you. Instead of getting pissed off, giving up, or blaming everything and everyone but yourself. Try and learn something from each and every shot while trying your best to keep a positive mental attitude! Lets be thankful we can even afford bowling league, or tournaments. Lets try our best to be professional on the lanes and enjoy the game. Being a positive example in the bowling community will help our reputation and help grow the game.

Thanks for listening. Any comments welcome on this subject.
Make spares make cut, miss spares miss cut. " Bill O'Neil "
MOTIV GIRL

Re: positive mental attitude

Post by MOTIV GIRL »

Thank you for posting Kevin.Nice post.
Angela Wilt
Brunswick Staff Member
BowlingTechGirl
kboveington
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 5 7/16 right ⅜ down
Speed: 20-21 mph at foul line
Rev Rate: 550
Axis Tilt: 5
Axis Rotation: 55
Medium Oil Ball: storm IQ tour pearl
Light Oil Ball: rotogrip scream
Preferred Company: storm/roto grip

Post by kboveington »

MOTIV GIRL wrote:Thank you for posting Kevin.Nice post.

Thank you! I love reading your posts on Facebook! They are so positive, and you are a great influence on myself, as well as many others I'm sure!! Don't be a stranger to the bowling chat family, you have so much to offer!

Thanks for all who took the time to read my post. Greatly appreciated.
Make spares make cut, miss spares miss cut. " Bill O'Neil "
ballspoint
Speed: 20 mph off the hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 70

Post by ballspoint »

Great post / read. My coach has changed my mind set of how to deal with good and bad shots, " Watch the ball, look at the ball going into the pocket, watch the pins fall " The pins tell what went right or wrong, i no longer worry if the ball hits the pocket and did not strike, because it was not a good enough shot. Its a game of problem solving. I believe this now makes me a better bowler then my team mates and competitors, as i don't get annoyed. I just accept it and fix it. So this is all positive thoughts, use what went wrong in a good way.
R/H, 20 mph off hand. 250 Revs.
11* Tilt. 70* Rotation. 5 5/8 x 1"up