Moderator: Moderators

ballspoint
Speed: 20 mph off the hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 70

arm inside shoulder

Post by ballspoint »

Today at practise i tried my arm inside the shoulder, the end result was the follow through went to my face.
I would assume my head was better over the ball and it seemed i was better at hitting my target.
R/H, 20 mph off hand. 250 Revs.
11* Tilt. 70* Rotation. 5 5/8 x 1"up
halfaclue
THS Average: 212
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 x 1/8 up
Speed: 19 off hand
Rev Rate: 405
Axis Tilt: 18
Axis Rotation: 65*
Heavy Oil Ball: REAX Version 2
Medium Oil Ball: Yeti Untamed
Light Oil Ball: Grease monkey
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: arm inside shoulder

Post by halfaclue »

If I am picturing the arm inside the shoulder I see the hand and ball on the left side of the head for a right hander.

I am assuming some things here so if you want accurate assessments, please post a video.

If you ball is left of the head in the back swing you will have to find a way to get the ball back under the head at release. From my experience what I see happen more often than not is that the ball will wrap around the body, usually resulting in pulled shots.

Goal: get the ball under the chin at address and over the right foot (right hander). As you begin, think TANGO: slow, slow, quick, quick, slide. In the second slow step start your hinge. If you find the ball is left of the head in the backswing, start your position a little more left and allow the hinge to go slightly towards the left foot.

Please post a video for accurate assessments.

Hope this is close and helpful!
Dan

Ball speed: 19 mph (off hand)
Tilt: 18*
Rotation: 55*
ballspoint
Speed: 20 mph off the hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 70

Re: arm inside shoulder

Post by ballspoint »

halfaclue wrote:If I am picturing the arm inside the shoulder I see the hand and ball on the left side of the head for a right hander.

I am assuming some things here so if you want accurate assessments, please post a video.

If you ball is left of the head in the back swing you will have to find a way to get the ball back under the head at release. From my experience what I see happen more often than not is that the ball will wrap around the body, usually resulting in pulled shots.

Goal: get the ball under the chin at address and over the right foot (right hander). As you begin, think TANGO: slow, slow, quick, quick, slide. In the second slow step start your hinge. If you find the ball is left of the head in the backswing, start your position a little more left and allow the hinge to go slightly towards the left foot.

Please post a video for accurate assessments.

Hope this is close and helpful!
Thanks for your comments, this was practise without the coach, so when he is back. i will have him checking the ball is left of the head, but i do feel like this is a break throu with the arm tucked in and the follow throu to the face, it feels more comfortable and better shots coming from this.
Will post a vid when i can...cheers
R/H, 20 mph off hand. 250 Revs.
11* Tilt. 70* Rotation. 5 5/8 x 1"up