Rev Rate: 550
Axis Tilt: 5
Axis Rotation: 55
Medium Oil Ball: storm IQ tour pearl
Light Oil Ball: rotogrip scream
Preferred Company: storm/roto grip

to chun914

Post by kboveington »

I saw your video. As a converted 2 hander with almost 2 years experience I initially struggled with obtaining ball speed myself. Since I can only access this site through my phone I cannot share links. However I strongly recommend searching the wiki. Just search 2 handed bowling hit coaching. Scroll down to a video that's called analysis of the 2 handed approach. Extremely helpful and detailed video.

The thing that stuck with me the most was the cadence of the approach. For example a 5 step approach would go slow-slow-quick-quick-quick. Especially since the height of the back swing is so low its even harder to generate ball speed. Although most good players 1 handed and 2 handed alike create most of the power with their legs anyway. Be patient you look athletic and your form is good after such a short time. It took me over a year to get my ball speed over 20mph and I would still like a couple more myself. Good luck!

As Jmerrell asked upload a video that's not in slow motion a few shots from a few different angles. He is a great coach and even better at breaking down your approach in a way that's easy to see/learn.

Pap 5 right ½ down
ball speed 20-21 mph off hand
rev rate 500+
Axis rotation 40-60* most commonly used
axis tilt 3*
League ave. 225
Sport ave. 205 approximate
high game 300
High series 878
Make spares make cut, miss spares miss cut. " Bill O'Neil "
chun914
Preferred Company: Mo

Re: to chun914

Post by chun914 »

Thanks kboveington, will try to go faster on my 3rd and 4th steps...

I've watched the 2handed analysis over 50 times.. :lol: .....everytime i'll find something that i'm missing.........

Your spec looks very good. Any video of your game ?
kboveington
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 5 7/16 right ⅜ down
Speed: 20-21 mph at foul line
Rev Rate: 550
Axis Tilt: 5
Axis Rotation: 55
Medium Oil Ball: storm IQ tour pearl
Light Oil Ball: rotogrip scream
Preferred Company: storm/roto grip

Re: to chun914

Post by kboveington »

I agree that video is amazing. It is so packed full of information I can see how you can come away with something new every time of watching it. Although I do have some video of my game at about the 6 month mark of my two handed experiment. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to upload any video As I am only on a phone. As soon as I have the ability to upload it on to the site you will definitely see me! I am anxious to get feedback from the coaches on this site jmerrell in particular.

My specs were similar to yours when I first started over more time and more reps will most likely result in more ball speed and more rotation. You are doing great so far. Use this amazing site to your advantage! Maybe find a coach by you that is willing to work with you as well! Keep me posted on your progress. And feel free to ask me anything!
Make spares make cut, miss spares miss cut. " Bill O'Neil "