Questions about coaching?

Moderator: Moderators

doogie
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: undecided

coaching with Del Ballard

Post by doogie »

I just wanted to say a little something about my experience. I had the opportunity, very recently, to drive to Dallas, Tx and have a coaching session with Del Ballard. I must say, this gentleman is probably , in my opinion, if not the best, diagnostic, precise bowling coach, at least he is in the top 2% anywhere. I recently lost 62lbs. Every thing changed, or I thought so. Del allowed me to warm up. He then took video of my approach from the side and rear. I threw a few. Then we sat down and he told me what I needed to know and change. He said my game was very good except for 1 thing which made a difference at the line and release. I was heal toeing my steps. That is old school. If you do this you approach the foul line stiff legged. He got me to bend more with my approach, taking note of my push away step before the slid step, so as to make sure my knee is bent, aka, Parker Bohn, Pete McCordic,Chris Barnes. What that allowed me to do, is have better balance so as to post my shot . I had been told this but never shown. Keeping low at the foul line changed everything. Shuffling my first step( 5 step approach), then continuing with each step quicker, allowed me to be low and smooth with the release. The man is as knowledgeable as any individual I have had the experience to be associated with. So, if you ever need any help with your game and can get to the Dallas area, please FB Del and set up an appointment. Thanks Del for the great help.
Passed April 14, 2019.
Rest in Peace.
kboveington
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 5 7/16 right ⅜ down
Speed: 20-21 mph at foul line
Rev Rate: 550
Axis Tilt: 5
Axis Rotation: 55
Medium Oil Ball: storm IQ tour pearl
Light Oil Ball: rotogrip scream
Preferred Company: storm/roto grip

Re: coaching with Del Ballard

Post by kboveington »

Thanks for sharing that information.

I have always wanted a lesson from a top tier coach. Maybe that can be my ticket outta here in January when I haven't seen the sun for 2 months... :)
Make spares make cut, miss spares miss cut. " Bill O'Neil "
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

kboveington wrote:Thanks for sharing that information.

I have always wanted a lesson from a top tier coach. Maybe that can be my ticket outta here in January when I haven't seen the sun for 2 months... :)
Or make the drive to the Radical Seminar July 20th and 21st for top notch coaching at a great price.
The seminar will be more coaching than product information.
Mike Luongo and Mo will be the primary instructors.
doogie
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by doogie »

Now, that would be a great coaching session. I attended the advanced drilling class in Jacobus, Pa, and both of these gentlemen were there. Mo started my improvement. Had a great coaching session. Wish I could attend that but have a senior regional that weekend. Good luck.
Passed April 14, 2019.
Rest in Peace.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Coaches can also be added to the forum Map, how about adding Del's info as well as other deserving folks. You can cite the link to your positive experience and endorsement in the "extra information" box

http://map.bowlingchat.net/create_marker.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a big wide world with so few entries ...

http://www.peepandthebigwideworld.com/theme-song/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
doogie
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by doogie »

Will do that later today. Thanks John.