BowlingChat.net
http://forum.bowlingchat.net/

Knee Continuation
http://forum.bowlingchat.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7973
Page 1 of 2

Author:  deanchamp [ Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Knee Continuation

Hi Jim, this was posted on my analysis video this week, and i found it curious. it lacks a bit of context, but the only thing i can think is that maybe too much is not good, or if the slide was too short it would cause it to happen unnaturally/ forcefully. what are your thoughts please?

- Great video. The only thing I'll say is that Chris Barnes once said he went back´╗┐ and watched some of his videos with the coach. They talked about how "knee-continuation" was not a good thing and needed to be corrected; He agreed.

Dean

Author:  JMerrell [ Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Perhaps those that think of Knee Continuation as a bad thing, need to look back through some of the
great physical games in the history of the sport.
No one has ever done it better then or now than this man.


Author:  wardo845 [ Mon May 27, 2013 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Knee continuation might be a bad thing on the fried heads they bowl on out there......I know where i live we have pretty dry conditions and the more knee bend i get the harder it is to get it down the lane....seems like there are quite a few stiff legs out on tour nowadays

Author:  Mo Pinel [ Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

wardo845 wrote:
Knee continuation might be a bad thing on the fried heads they bowl on out there......I know where i live we have pretty dry conditions and the more knee bend i get the harder it is to get it down the lane....seems like there are quite a few stiff legs out on tour nowadays


Wrong!

Author:  kboveington [ Mon May 27, 2013 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

I bowl primarily 2 handed now. Does belmo and osku / better 2 handed players have knee continuation?

Author:  JMerrell [ Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Welcome to the site, there is much information in the WIKI (top right tab)


http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... y_elements

Author:  kboveington [ Tue May 28, 2013 1:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Thank you for that link. The video was very detailed and informative but did not address knee continuation.

Author:  kellytehuna [ Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

If you watch that video, in the first shot of Belmo, you can clearly see his knee continue. Like, the first 4 seconds of the video :)

Author:  JMerrell [ Tue May 28, 2013 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

More information from the WIKI:
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ontination

A view of Belmo's slide from the video attached below.

Author:  kboveington [ Wed May 29, 2013 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Thanks for breaking it down in those 2 images. Now I know what knee continuation is. Since KNEE CONTINUATION was NOT mentioned in the video how was I supposed to know what I was looking for.
:D

Author:  wardo845 [ Wed May 29, 2013 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Mo Pinel wrote:
wardo845 wrote:
Knee continuation might be a bad thing on the fried heads they bowl on out there......I know where i live we have pretty dry conditions and the more knee bend i get the harder it is to get it down the lane....seems like there are quite a few stiff legs out on tour nowadays


Wrong!
mo I seem to get early hook the more my knee bends but we have garbage conditions anyway......what would be the difference between sitting into the shot for knee bend vs just letting your knee continue to bend as you slide? I'm thinking I may be seeing the ball hook early when I sit in the shot

Author:  Mo Pinel [ Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

kboveington wrote:
Thanks for breaking it down in those 2 images. Now I know what knee continuation is. Since KNEE CONTINUATION was NOT mentioned in the video how was I supposed to know what I was looking for.
:D


Just look when you get the phrase "knee continuation".

Author:  Mo Pinel [ Wed May 29, 2013 7:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

wardo845 wrote:
Mo Pinel wrote:
wardo845 wrote:
Knee continuation might be a bad thing on the fried heads they bowl on out there......I know where i live we have pretty dry conditions and the more knee bend i get the harder it is to get it down the lane....seems like there are quite a few stiff legs out on tour nowadays


Wrong!
mo I seem to get early hook the more my knee bends but we have garbage conditions anyway......what would be the difference between sitting into the shot for knee bend vs just letting your knee continue to bend as you slide? I'm thinking I may be seeing the ball hook early when I sit in the shot


Back Angle!

Author:  kboveington [ Wed May 29, 2013 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Thanks again to jmerrell for sending me the link with belmo and osku.

However Mo, I watched that video all the way through a second time and there was once again nothing on knee continuation. Don't make me sound like an idiot. I would suggest doing a little research before a post. :P

Author:  kellytehuna [ Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

I don't think Mo was suggesting the video mentioned knee continuation. Rather that you possibly didn't understand what knee continuation was to start with. Something I thought as well, based on some of your later comments.

Author:  JMerrell [ Wed May 29, 2013 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

kboveington wrote:
Thanks again to jmerrell for sending me the link with belmo and osku.

However Mo, I watched that video all the way through a second time and there was once again nothing on knee continuation. Don't make me sound like an idiot. I would suggest doing a little research before a post. :P


My apologizes, I don't think anyone was trying to make you sound like an idiot. That is not the style on this site, we are here to freely share knowledge. Like many things in life, you have to know what your looking for to find it.

Chat member Dean Champs video does an excellent job of providing visual explanations of technical terms used on this site. As a picture is worth a thousand words......enjoy.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ease_Video

Now after watching Dean's video, re-watch the Two-Handed video, in particular Belmo.

Spend some time in the WIKI, there is more information there than one could read & digest in a month.

Again,welcome to the site...ask away.

Author:  kboveington [ Thu May 30, 2013 3:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Thanks for clearing that up. I've been coached/ been coaching for years and never heard of the term knee continuation. I understand it now, and its something else in the bowling approach I can troubleshoot on myself and others. By no means am I certified but I try and help the willing whenever I can. Thanks again for another really good video. ;)

Author:  JMerrell [ Thu May 30, 2013 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

kboveington wrote:
I've been coached/ been coaching for years and never heard of the term knee continuation. I understand it now, and its something else in the bowling approach I can troubleshoot on myself and others. By no means am I certified but I try and help the willing whenever I can. Thanks again for another really good video. ;)


Certification is a noun that refers to the confirmation of certain characteristics of an object, person, or organization....validity always being somewhat subjective.

Helping the willing whenever you can.........PRICELESS!

Author:  kajmk [ Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Here's a quote from Mo Pinel on one of the benefits of "knee continuation"

Source - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=384&p=3510&hilit=softer#p3510
Post #9 - You may want to read the thread or parts of it for context

Excerpt - "... I recommend a little softer at the finish. Let the knee continue smoothly at the finish. SOFT KNEES CARRY CORNER PINS! SMOOOOOTH! A little softer hand. Don't break the egg! As you can tell, I believe in visualization. You can do this." Mo Pinel

By now you know of this websites wiki. You also know that it's a work in progress, so depth of explanation may vary. All members may add and update.

Here is the Glossary entry for Knee Continuation
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ontination

Take care.

Author:  kboveington [ Fri May 31, 2013 3:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knee Continuation

Jmerrell, thanks for the encouragement. Some bowlers regardless of skill level want to see credentials lol but I try and help whenever I can and I hope others would do the same for me.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/